Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts
#51
(05-26-2020, 09:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:00 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 01:30 PM)ARhead Wrote: I actually also had a really hard time with that ethics course, to the point I just stopped doing it.

Ditto - Sophia's ethics course has a philosophical slant that is too much theory and not enough "practical application" for me. I'm sure given a month or two I could have slogged through it. instead, I switched to SDC and completed their ethics course in 9 days with relative ease. Different people just learn in different ways.

This is good to know! Thank you. I was planning on taking the ethics course with Sophia next month. Now I will probably just take it over on SDC. Philosophy is Not my jam. Tried it once in college years ago and bombed. I also don't have a month or two to take these classes. I need to get the gen eds I need done with.

My daughter loved the Philosophy course. She hasn't started Ethics. The Greek Philosophy class not easy for her, mainly because the scoring seemed different from the Public Speaking class (which she has yet to complete....that one is a bugger!). But she thoroughly enjoyed it more than I expected her to. I wish she was writing papers instead though, because looking at what she's doing...it seems like term papers are easier than trying to answer questions that are worded in such a way that you have to figure out which way they are slanting the question/response. It's almost like looking at a math word problem with some options that seem likely. Poor kid I felt sorry for her a couple of times, but she did make it out of Philosophy with a 99% final grade. She was sure she was going to fail when she saw her score drop to 70% halfway through the chapters and quizzes. But, she managed to make it and actually learned something!
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts - by warriortaupou - 06-09-2020, 10:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WARNING: Don't try and cheat on Sophia, they are suspending lots of accounts! LevelUP 26 10,070 09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 878 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org Membership Code - Recent bjcheung77 308 256,013 07-01-2026, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,194 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  List of Coursera Courses expiring on 09/30/2026 LevelUP 0 801 06-28-2026, 10:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,407 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,446 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  Questions about SDC, Straighterline & Sophia VanillaBean 2 1,301 04-04-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Sophia Course Medical Terminology Jonathan Whatley 9 3,515 03-27-2026, 11:50 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  3 Credit Undergrad Courses - $500 MEarlBITW 1 1,159 03-12-2026, 09:53 PM
Last Post: wow

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)