Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sophia Public Speaking
#31
(07-22-2020, 03:40 PM)LongRoad Wrote: Monchevy,
I haven't gotten back my first Touchstone, but I think that the posters who said you have to use the buzz words are correct.  A question used the word "context." I did a global search of "context" to make sure I covered the bases that needed to be covered.
As I said with previous tests/quizzes/etc. I try to figure out what the instructor wants, and I give it to 'em. Even if I think it's stupid. It appears that the Sophia graders want you to show that you've read the text book and can regurgitate it.
That's not uncommon. I think the same thing is true for the Purdue course I'm taking on-line. Just stick to their facts, and I do really well. I'm not even chewing the cud, ruminating (?) on it, and spitting it back out. I take the words, chew them into a different order, cite properly, and move on. It's been working for me so far. I'm getting an "A," and I don't know that the "A" reflects anything particularly outstanding.

I just wish this stupid class wasn't required. I'd just drop it like it's hot!!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Sophia Public Speaking - by Tlm - 06-06-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 06-06-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by graduatesoon - 06-30-2020, 09:03 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 06-30-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by dfrecore - 06-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Sophia Public Speaking - by harrypotter - 06-25-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by dfrecore - 06-25-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by Djwhiteman - 06-30-2020, 02:49 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-01-2020, 08:05 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 07-01-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-01-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 07-01-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-01-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by jch - 07-14-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-13-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 07-13-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-14-2020, 08:54 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by cecilgambe7 - 07-14-2020, 09:47 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by cerich67 - 07-14-2020, 09:52 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by cecilgambe7 - 07-14-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by JEric - 07-14-2020, 02:34 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-14-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-21-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 07-22-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by P226mem - 07-22-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by rachel83az - 07-22-2020, 08:29 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-22-2020, 09:45 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by P226mem - 07-22-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-22-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by cwendy111 - 09-06-2022, 03:09 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 07-22-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by monchevy - 07-22-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 07-31-2020, 08:06 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by JEric - 08-24-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by MNomadic - 08-24-2020, 07:47 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by BitWiseGuy - 08-24-2020, 09:01 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 09-05-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 09-05-2020, 05:26 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by rachel83az - 09-05-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by BitWiseGuy - 09-07-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 09-09-2020, 10:31 AM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by ctcarl - 09-09-2020, 12:07 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by MNomadic - 09-16-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by nomaduser - 09-16-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by rachel83az - 09-16-2020, 02:39 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 09-17-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by LongRoad - 10-03-2020, 03:03 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by origamishuttle - 09-06-2022, 04:03 PM
RE: Sophia Public Speaking - by MNomadic - 09-06-2022, 04:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What courses would you like to see on Sophia/SDC/etc? Robson 61 13,086 10-07-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  WARNING: Don't try and cheat on Sophia, they are suspending lots of accounts! LevelUP 26 11,082 09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 971 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org Membership Code - Recent bjcheung77 308 256,889 07-01-2026, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,266 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,556 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
  Questions about SDC, Straighterline & Sophia VanillaBean 2 1,353 04-04-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Sophia Course Medical Terminology Jonathan Whatley 9 3,623 03-27-2026, 11:50 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Question Credit from services like Sophia.org with no written assignments BR3_26 3 2,473 03-12-2026, 09:15 AM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course Business Data Analytics Jonathan Whatley 30 19,481 01-27-2026, 11:09 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)