07-23-2020, 08:57 PM
(07-23-2020, 06:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote:(07-23-2020, 04:35 PM)Brichinica Wrote:(07-23-2020, 04:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote:Thank you(07-23-2020, 03:24 PM)Brichinica Wrote: Now that November has passed, will the cornerstone/capstone course cover the "information literacy" requirement? Or do you guys know of a valid course to take to fill this?
EC requires you to take Information Literacy, Cornerstone, and Capstone through them. There are no exceptions to this.
You're welcome. Information Literacy is only 1 credit and you can complete it pretty quickly from what I've read on here.
^^ This is the right answer. I am currently in the process of completing a my BNS with Excelsior paid for by the veterans administration so I dont generally have the problems with the advisors not answering questions due to having not paid. The Info Lit, Cornerstone and Capstone are the only courses required to be taken through excelsior; again as aforementioned, there are no exceptions. The good news is that the Info Lit class is only 1 credit and does not have an instructor. I completed the course in a number of hours over two days following the provided online textbook. Info Lit is added to the transcript as a Pass and is not counted in your GPA. Info Lit CAN be taken in combination with the Cornerstone course which also has a webtext (must be purchased) and my course was 8 weeks long. The Cornerstone course covered a lot of ethics/policy related material and was really designed to set students up for success in the way excelsior courses are graded and the student expectations. Cornerstone end of course requirement was a 4-5 page research paper on a topic selected from a provided list and each week builds on aspects of the paper so that when you get to the end its simply just writing and sourcing. My understanding is that there are two different cornerstone options Cornerstone A or B. I cannot speak to the Corner stone A but B came in a 3.00 Upper Level credits for me and I believe it is based on whether or not you have any previous RA college credits. Ultimately, there is no reason to try to find a course to fill the info lit course, it was really.....really...really simple.



![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)