Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Free Winter term for Sophia members, Strayer U
#58
(12-31-2020, 01:26 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Finally got set up with Strayer. The connection with the dean was REALLY bad and I could hear what sounded like kids playing in the background. That's fine. Pandemic working conditions. Not blaming anyone for that. It did make communication difficult, though. I got signed up for CIS-106 (sigh) and WRK-100 (okay, if you insist). I'm trying to convince them to let me add Discrete Math but I have to wait until my transcripts get processed before that is a possibility. Worst comes to worst, I'll use SDC to study and then take the challenge exam. I'm not sure that WRK-100 transfers to TESU (it's not listed in the course equivalencies but it should be if students have been transferring from Strayer to TESU) but 3 RA credits for free isn't too bad. That'll bring my RA credit total up to 22 and I just need to take a TECEP to refresh my enrollment and push me over the 24-credit requirement to be in the clear.

Similar dean call situation happened with me. Connection was very bad and he could barely hear me, even though I have no trouble when talking to anyone else on the phone. I had to shout into the mic for him to understand me.
I think what made the difference in my case regarding classes is that
1) I spent the past two weeks making sure every single one of my credits was sent in and evaluated before my call.
2) I sent my admissions rep a lengthy email going over my educational and skills background, my degree plan, and the prerequisites I had already met. I concluded this by asking for the classes that I wanted. When I got transferred to the dean, he must have received the message because he put me directly in those classes without any fuss.

Rachel, did you get your Google IT support cert sent in and evaluated? Per their experience credits page at https://www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fina...experience it should come in as "(CIS101 or CIS105) and CIS109 and CIS106 and CIS312", knocking out the entry level CIS stuff.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Free Winter term for Sophia members, Strayer U - by jch - 01-01-2021, 03:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Helsinki: Free Courses, “IN ENGLISH” + FREE + SELF-PACED + For Credit [email protected] 43 25,569 09-25-2026, 08:14 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Free 1 year Google AI Pro for students Hotdogman1 1 405 09-25-2026, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  George Fox U Free AI Basics and AI Advanced Short Certificates Jonathan Whatley 5 903 08-26-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Maltus
  Christendom College Free Noncredit Short Courses, Liberal Arts and Religious Topics Jonathan Whatley 4 741 08-06-2026, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  50% Walmart Free Delivery, Free Paramount +, 5% Cash Back CC LevelUP 4 798 07-18-2026, 08:51 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Free credit-bearing certificates in Criminal Justice/Criminology? EliEverIsAHero 1 1,407 07-14-2026, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege
  WorldQuant U Free Grad Cert, Possible Future MScs in AI (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 0 1,608 06-22-2026, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Free Credit Class in Financial Literacy - University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) malakaka 3 1,623 05-20-2026, 04:42 PM
Last Post: mike01119
  Columbia+ 2 AI courses for free RoboPanda 2 2,957 04-29-2026, 06:42 PM
Last Post: ThePA
  JSU Free RA Course - AI Literacy (3 Credits) Captainrekt000 5 3,164 03-06-2026, 07:32 AM
Last Post: MEarlBITW

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)