01-21-2021, 03:57 PM
(01-21-2021, 02:22 PM)MNomadic Wrote:(01-21-2021, 12:05 PM)jch Wrote: Right now I'm working ahead in my classes and taking my CompTIA certification exams using Strayer's discount.
Which comptia exams are you going for?
I just did both of the A+ exams earlier this week, passed with 860 and 831. While it won't get any credit at TESU, A+ is basically THE entry level IT certification that everything else builds on. I did it online through Pearson's OnVUE proctoring service, which worked well.
TESU offers credit for many of the CompTIA exams: https://www2.tesu.edu/oplr/company.php?client=CompTIA
and others may be available through CACE reviews. I should email the PLR people, as several of the reviews have expired or are nearing expiration.
I intend to take at least Network+, Security+, Linux+, and Cloud+. I'm already familiar with much of the content, but I just never got around to taking the actual exams in the past. Now, with access to discount codes, online proctoring, and potential college credit, it's the right time to get them done.
Strayer has a portal through XVoucher that makes it super easy to purchase an academic exam voucher (~half the normal price) for CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MOS, PMP, and EC-Council. You just have to register with your Strayer email, and there's no other verification. It seems like you can link external email addresses after registration in order to retain access after leaving Strayer.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)