Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST
#22
(01-22-2021, 12:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 11:24 AM)monchevy Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 11:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TEL just happens to be the cheapest way to hit 30 RA credits. It's not the only way, no. But if it's too expensive to go with TEL then it'll be too expensive with other RA credit options. Especially since, sadly, Study.com isn't RA credit.

I wasn't suggesting that SDC is RA, just saying it's something else I would look at in putting together a degree plan, as you'd have 60 alternative credits to play with. I didn't go with TEL not because of the cost, but because none of the classes were useful to me. And like many of the options always recommended here (Luna, Clovis, NMJC, etc.), the offerings are just too sparse.

Most of those options are semester-based, while TEL is self-paced.  So for anyone who isn't on a strict timeline for their schooling, TEL might be a MUCH better option.

But the fact that you can't use any of their courses is certainly a reason not to go with them.
I said why *I* didn't go with TEL. I wasn't claiming to speak for anyone else. I explained why I made the choices I made, because the degree plan offered *only* named TEL as an option for RA, and I think that's misleading.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST - by monchevy - 01-22-2021, 01:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the easiest and maybe fastest online colleges for a bachelor's in coding? whiverem 4 1,786 05-07-2026, 05:06 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Associates Degree Question Continuethejourney 38 6,283 03-25-2026, 09:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AA Degree @ TESU - help with choosing courses kevinmane 3 1,746 12-09-2025, 02:43 PM
Last Post: n0fx
Big Grin HELP! Straighterline to AA Degree options kevinmane 10 3,067 11-30-2025, 02:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Brainfuse Online Tutoring & Writing Lab Jonathan Whatley 0 2,159 05-06-2025, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com Free Degree Planning + First Month of College Saver bjcheung77 8 6,646 04-21-2025, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biology & Chemistry Online for College Credit? Spaceghost 5 4,386 03-19-2025, 12:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online credits but for the UK questionquestions 6 6,716 01-12-2025, 07:33 PM
Last Post: JPN
  Recommendations 4 online double major using Study.com [Degree: Finance & IT or PM BlackLabRat 1 1,787 12-15-2024, 04:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I plan to apply for a master's degree in Computer Science in the US Thermor1993 3 2,539 11-27-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Tomas

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)