Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Business degree through testing?
#6
(02-24-2021, 09:08 PM)Lailalopez81 Wrote: Hello! I am looking to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in business. I was never able to afford to go to college, so learning about possibly earning a degree through examinations had me eager to do some research. I stumbled across this link: http://bain4weeks.com/1stYearBus.html but I believe the information is outdated. There are a lot of threads on here, and it is difficult to sift through the information, so I was wondering if I could ask for advice here.

I have no college credit as I never attended college. I am looking for the cheapest and easiest way to get my degree through examinations. I have learned about Charter Oak State College and Excelsior College, but I am not entirely certain of which exams I should register and study for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Looking at that website is kind of funny. It's soooo old and outdated. The last copyright on it is from 2004. DANTES don't exist anymore. Not sure what ECE was....EXCEl exams maybe? Honestly this plan is soooo unrealistic! There is no way you could possibly study those subjects and pass 3 exams in a day. Not possible. You would already need to know topic really well. 


In many areas of the country the CLEP testing centers have been closed since last March. Your best bet is to research degree programs. The most common are Excelsior College (EC), Thomas Edison State University (TESU), and Charter Oak State College (COSC). There's also WGU and UMPI. 

Before deciding on taking exams for many of your course, I would find out if CLEP testing centers are even open near you. I would start with 1 and see how you do. Not everyone is testing material. There are many other paths such as taking courses through Sophia and Study.com. I would look at the business degrees at the schools listed above and see which one you are most interested in as a starting point. WGU and UMPi are competency based programs so you'll move through their courses at your own pace. You won't be tied to a semester schedule. There's a ton of info on this forum, but definitely ask questions to your specific needs.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Business degree through testing? - by natshar - 02-25-2021, 12:47 AM
RE: Business degree through testing? - by ss20ts - 02-25-2021, 01:44 PM
RE: Business degree through testing? - by natshar - 02-25-2021, 10:14 AM
RE: Business degree through testing? - by ss20ts - 02-25-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: Business degree through testing? - by StoicJ - 02-25-2021, 01:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,364 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,076 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 263 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 3 783 08-30-2026, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,486 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 635 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,447 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,612 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,556 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU BSBA Finance and possible dual degree? Bingo 4 1,299 04-29-2026, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Phyexial

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)