03-08-2021, 12:36 AM
Hi everyone,
Before the pandemic happened I spent a couple of years guiding a friend to get his BSBA thru TESU and this forum was invaluable.
When Sophia had their free promo I suggested it to another friend, who wasn't ready to start the process. Hes working a steady job now and he has a new laptop and e-mailed me about it today. Unfortunately since that time a few things have changed. The Sophia freebie is over, and also now TESU requires that 30 credits come from "Collegiate sources", so I need some practical guidance on how to structure this degree.
My friend did 2 years at the University of Regina in Saskatchewan Canada. We are not sure exactly how many credits are banked there, and he is ordering a transcript to be sent to him. He did a lot of numbers and science courses, but found he much preferred the social sciences and history type courses so I am leaning towards a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies for him.
When TESU says that 30 credits cannot come from non-collegiate providers, I assume they exact to be from RA colleges and universities in the United States. Does anyone have experience fulfilling these requirements using credits from recognized universities outside of the United States?
I know that with TESU the cost of doing an accelerated degree keeps going up and up. I think the cost of the residency waiver for my one friend who completed the BSBA might have been more than he paid the rest of the degree.
My current works in GIS as a land surveyor, and he currently loves his job, but he wants to have a Bachelor's in his back pocket in case he ever needs it (he has been musing teaching english abroad when the pandemic is over).
It looks like excelsior still allows people to test out from the majority of their courses. Are we better off going thru excelsior nowadays ?
Thanks for your help everyone.
Before the pandemic happened I spent a couple of years guiding a friend to get his BSBA thru TESU and this forum was invaluable.
When Sophia had their free promo I suggested it to another friend, who wasn't ready to start the process. Hes working a steady job now and he has a new laptop and e-mailed me about it today. Unfortunately since that time a few things have changed. The Sophia freebie is over, and also now TESU requires that 30 credits come from "Collegiate sources", so I need some practical guidance on how to structure this degree.
My friend did 2 years at the University of Regina in Saskatchewan Canada. We are not sure exactly how many credits are banked there, and he is ordering a transcript to be sent to him. He did a lot of numbers and science courses, but found he much preferred the social sciences and history type courses so I am leaning towards a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies for him.
When TESU says that 30 credits cannot come from non-collegiate providers, I assume they exact to be from RA colleges and universities in the United States. Does anyone have experience fulfilling these requirements using credits from recognized universities outside of the United States?
I know that with TESU the cost of doing an accelerated degree keeps going up and up. I think the cost of the residency waiver for my one friend who completed the BSBA might have been more than he paid the rest of the degree.
My current works in GIS as a land surveyor, and he currently loves his job, but he wants to have a Bachelor's in his back pocket in case he ever needs it (he has been musing teaching english abroad when the pandemic is over).
It looks like excelsior still allows people to test out from the majority of their courses. Are we better off going thru excelsior nowadays ?
Thanks for your help everyone.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)