Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BA in English – Professional Communication & Journalism Concentration
#23
(03-23-2021, 05:14 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I think I need a minimum of 17 courses unless I can take some alternative English ul classes.

If you want to complete the English BLS at UMPI, I would just take the UL English classes at UMPI. They'll cost more at BYU. Study doesn't have any. UMPI only accepts ACE credits for alternative credit. 


Another thought is if you just want to get a bachelor's degree, they have a liberal arts degree called a BLS (bachelor's of liberal studies). You have to pick a minor and there's 4 options - education, management, project management, management information systems, or accounting. You could take whatever English courses you want at UMPI and not be locked into all of those English courses. If you went this route, I would take every class Sophia offers except English Comp 1 & 2 because they are much easier and a lot less work at UMPI. You could also take American Government, Spanish 1, and Astronomy on InstantCert. 
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: BA in English – Professional Communication & Journalism Concentration - by ss20ts - 03-23-2021, 05:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Concentrations in the UMPI YourPace BA English and Media Studies Jonathan Whatley 1 1,247 04-09-2026, 04:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMF YourPace Professional Writing Graduate Certificate Jonathan Whatley 0 1,095 12-05-2025, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 NewbieLearner 17 4,831 10-18-2025, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Harrynguyen
  UMPI and Google Project Management Professional Certificate (v2) Bubblywater 4 2,662 05-03-2025, 05:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PCS 215 Business Communication or Com 210 • Oral Communications Sara143 7 4,922 12-08-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Bunnies2012
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 1,993 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Will I be allowed to waive English test? Nico1 7 2,340 08-08-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  PCJ 215 Business Communication Mom5 35 13,298 06-28-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  Degreeplan advices of UMPI BBA Management & Leadership Concentration whereismyramen 8 3,358 05-07-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Major Graduates ashkir 0 1,243 01-04-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: ashkir

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)