Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Free Winter term for Sophia members, Strayer U
(03-31-2021, 11:39 AM)xcloudtset Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 12:31 PM)rachel83az Wrote: What about collecting more credits from Strayer and then transferring them all to TESU when you're just short of graduation?

I think this may be the ticket, I rolled through 5 courses on Sophia during my free quarter at Strayer. I'm already enrolled at Strayer for this quarter as well, so I'll try to cram out as many Sophia courses as I can as well. This route would hit well since I'd still collect my HCOL housing allowance, quick progress towards degree, and allow me to obtain a more reputable degree. I'll reevaluate towards the end of this quarter and reach out to TESU for a transcript eval. 

(03-30-2021, 03:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @xcloudtset, I'd still recommend TESU even though you're trying to do a "triple dip" by getting 1) Tuition Assistance  2) GI Bill  3) HCOL

1) Find a cheapo community college in the HCOL area and take whatever courses are required that can be transferred into TESU
2) You need to take at least 16 residency credits at TESU, be aware of that and take only courses that can't be transferred in easily
3) Use only your work TA for courses at community college & TESU, just save the GI Bill for your upcoming masters degree at WGU

Appreciate the advice! If I use my GI Bill only for my masters at WGU I'll still have a significant amount of time left on it to burn. Additionally, I'd only collect the "online" housing rate of roughly $900/m vs $2500/m for a local campus.

(03-30-2021, 05:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:01 PM)xcloudtset Wrote: A bit torn, do I keep rolling through or transfer out. About 50% complete with my degree due to transfer credits, military JST/ACE credits, and various professional certificates. Open to anyone's 2c and food for thought. Thanks!

I may have missed it - what degree are you getting?  That certainly makes a difference.

BS in IT w/project management concentration
Currently hold PMP, CSM, CSPO certs

I'd look at WGU and Purdue Global for a competency-based BSIT, I don't think the Big 3 are good options for it at this point unless you can bring everything in from Strayer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Winter term for Sophia members, Strayer U - by dfrecore - 03-31-2021, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Helsinki: Free Courses, “IN ENGLISH” + FREE + SELF-PACED + For Credit [email protected] 43 25,554 09-25-2026, 08:14 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Free 1 year Google AI Pro for students Hotdogman1 1 402 09-25-2026, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  George Fox U Free AI Basics and AI Advanced Short Certificates Jonathan Whatley 5 903 08-26-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Maltus
  Christendom College Free Noncredit Short Courses, Liberal Arts and Religious Topics Jonathan Whatley 4 741 08-06-2026, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  50% Walmart Free Delivery, Free Paramount +, 5% Cash Back CC LevelUP 4 798 07-18-2026, 08:51 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Free credit-bearing certificates in Criminal Justice/Criminology? EliEverIsAHero 1 1,407 07-14-2026, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege
  WorldQuant U Free Grad Cert, Possible Future MScs in AI (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 0 1,602 06-22-2026, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Free Credit Class in Financial Literacy - University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) malakaka 3 1,623 05-20-2026, 04:42 PM
Last Post: mike01119
  Columbia+ 2 AI courses for free RoboPanda 2 2,956 04-29-2026, 06:42 PM
Last Post: ThePA
  JSU Free RA Course - AI Literacy (3 Credits) Captainrekt000 5 3,162 03-06-2026, 07:32 AM
Last Post: MEarlBITW

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)