05-28-2021, 12:02 PM
WGU didn't used to have a CS degree, so that's going to be part of the issue. It's pretty easy to not choose a degree that isn't available, and once you've started at a particular school, it's hard to kind of start over for somewhere else.
Also, not everyone likes competency-based degrees - I for one wouldn't have done it, even if it was "cheaper" than what I did, because I didn't have money up front to do the degree, nor did I have the time to focus on it for 6 months (I had 2 small kids that I was homeschooling, and a husband that traveled every week - that doesn't leave a lot of "me time" to complete schoolwork). Not everyone is at their best with a deadline looming constantly.
Also, not everyone likes competency-based degrees - I for one wouldn't have done it, even if it was "cheaper" than what I did, because I didn't have money up front to do the degree, nor did I have the time to focus on it for 6 months (I had 2 small kids that I was homeschooling, and a husband that traveled every week - that doesn't leave a lot of "me time" to complete schoolwork). Not everyone is at their best with a deadline looming constantly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers DSST Computers, Pers Fin CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats Ed4Credit Acct 2 PF Fin Mgmt ALEKS Int & Coll Alg Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics Kaplan PLA
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers DSST Computers, Pers Fin CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats Ed4Credit Acct 2 PF Fin Mgmt ALEKS Int & Coll Alg Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics Kaplan PLA


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)