06-22-2021, 03:39 PM
(06-22-2021, 02:13 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I deleted the pending PhD in Education from University of Central Nicaragua on my LinkedIn Profile. It's still on my Facebook page in my about section though. I will probably put it back up on Linkedin once I decide to stay on task and complete the degree. I just don't want to appear overqualified while applying for positions using an incomplete foreign degree. Once I am somewhere in my career that reflects more on the degree then I will promote myself with it more. These foreign degrees are legitimate but have stirred up a bit of controversy with evaluators because of the ambiguous political views and outcomes.That makes sense. I kid Ray because I already know he checked out on the school we're discussing long ago and was an early detractor of its ability to get any positive evaluations. In fairness to Ray, none of us were sure it would. He did seem slightly more supportive when the positive evaluations rolled in, but it looks like it's fallen out of favor with him again, and he is perfectly within his right to take that position and not list it.
At the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with what you put on your CV. Your situation is different though because you're not ashamed or embarrassed of your school choice (nor should you be as the school is legitimate).
For ENEB, with the small amount the school charges, I wouldn't waste my time even going through it all if I felt it wasn't something I was ever going to use after looking through the program. That time could be better spent on a program with greater recognition if I didn't feel comfortable having others know I did it.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)