Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Officially a Grad Student
#1
The day has come! Something I never thought I'd be able to say.....I'm officially a grad student. I started my master's degree in project management on Monday. I had a post last week or so asking about religious colleges. I had already made my decision to apply when I posted wondering what other's experiences were like. As an online grad student I don't have any of the religion courses or chapel requirements. Those are for on campus students. People are free to speak about their faith which if that is a big part of your life then that's probably very important to you. There is one book of Proverbs that will be used in a few classes. I have it this term and it's a few readings over 3 weeks. So nothing horrible. Not sure how it will tie into project management but I will find out. 

The school is Charleston Southern University. I had never heard of them despite driving by their exit off of I26 on my way to Charleston numerous times when I lived in SC. I find them from an article posted on here about the top 25 online grad programs in project management. There are several online master's degrees and bachelor's degrees. They operate on a term/semester schedule that follows the on campus school year like UMPI. It is NOT self paced. You have deadlines every Thursday and Sunday. The terms are 7 weeks long - beginning on Monday and ending on Sunday. Then you have a full week off between terms. There are 6 terms per year. Two terms in each semester. The grad degrees are 30 credits so 10 classes. I'm full time and have 2 grad classes this term. My plan is to complete 2 courses each term and graduate with my MS in Project Management in May. Tuition is $650 per credit. Not the cheapest but far from the most expensive for grad school. There are no additional fees. The tuition includes your textbook rentals which the school store ships to you. You return them at the end of the term. They use Blackboard for the classes. 

I started on Monday and have already submitted some assignments. This first week isn't too crazy with reading and assignments. It doesn't look like there are many quizzes or exams. Lots of papers. In my first 2 courses they are under 10 pages which is surprising since it's grad school. We do have other written assignments such as a short answer essay weekly, discussions and responses, a journal entry, case studies, chapters in the various textbooks to read, videos to watch. So far it's very reasonable especially for grad school. I'll update as the term progresses. 

https://www.charlestonsouthern.edu/onlin...neprograms
[-] The following 4 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • hsfamfun, openair, P226mem, SteveFoerster
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 06-30-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Cofffeee - 06-30-2021, 08:45 PM
Officially a Grad Student - by Kab - 07-01-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by park0902 - 07-01-2021, 03:39 AM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Alpha - 07-01-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by bjcheung77 - 07-01-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-14-2021, 11:48 AM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by cerich67 - 07-14-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-14-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by cerich67 - 07-14-2021, 12:37 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-14-2021, 12:41 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Cofffeee - 07-14-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Vle045 - 07-14-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by GizmoJack - 07-15-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-16-2021, 09:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 818 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  UNO Maverick Flex Path CBE Grad Cert in Executive Business Jonathan Whatley 4 1,424 06-08-2026, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Andhra University Online Master's Degrees - Open to international student durain 29 6,376 05-26-2026, 06:14 AM
Last Post: UoBoomer
  Nexford University Individual NA Grad and Undergrad Courses, ~$500 Each Jonathan Whatley 0 1,574 11-14-2025, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Qualifi Level 7 Cyber — Grad Credit or Master’s msmjj01 2 2,524 10-25-2025, 11:48 PM
Last Post: msmjj01
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 51 36,206 09-29-2025, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  18 Grad Credits Math TINASAM 11 4,302 09-17-2025, 08:11 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  UMPI Grad Cert in SPED natshar 4 1,896 08-24-2025, 11:09 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which Grad Schools Accept Which Certificates for Credit SophiaPrincess 1 1,592 07-15-2025, 06:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Non-US Grad Cert Options? Dlo79 4 2,530 05-25-2025, 04:52 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)