Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Liberal Arts BA degree plan help. test heavy. big 3
#11
(07-12-2021, 02:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
tecumseh13 Wrote:Thanks!
I really hate business and management courses so they really seem like work whereas studying arts, history, philosophy, etc etc is a true joy to me so that's why I lean towards that.
As far as an associates and laddering up -is there any benefit to that? Again I'm not really doing this for career advancement or anything so the most economical path suits me best- especially where I can apply the independent studies I'll already be doing.
Be well and thanks in advance

I see, I see, if that's the case, I would select one of the YourPace BA with major.  They do have a few, I'm not sure if a BLS with a minor would work for you as all of them are "business/management" related except for the "Education Minor".  Furthermore, a BLS is a terminal degree at UMPI, meaning at this time, they will not allow you to take a second Bachelors from them if you ever wanted a second bachelors in the future.  Here are the list of options on their webpage: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/

If you're a test taker and good with taking tests, then take more of the CLEP/Modern States courses as long as your area within the state has good test centers, I wouldn't recommend their online @home testing as the software/system platform may have issues.  If you like self study and non-proctored testing, then Sophia.org has the best option as they use biometric enhanced proctoring, no webcams required, only $79/month all you can cram, two course at a time...  I would take a mix of both as each provider will have duplicating courses for credit.
Very helpful. I do prefer CLEP but as I'm also thrifty I've been going through Modern States just to get the vouchers. I have been reluctant to use their online proctoring system and have a good testing center 5 minutes from my home so all good there. So far I do enjoy Sophia courses and plan to avail myself to whatever they offer which CLEP does not. 
Looking at UMPI BLS Project Management it seems to me I could fulfill Gen Ed and elective requirements through a combo of CLEP and Sophia (roughly 100 credits) then complete 6 courses through UMPI. Is this correct? If so that does seem the most logical course of action.
Thanks so much for all the help sorting through here!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Liberal Arts BA degree plan help. test heavy. big 3 - by tecumseh13 - 07-12-2021, 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,377 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,115 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 268 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 3 786 08-30-2026, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,490 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 639 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,458 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,623 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,571 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU BSBA Finance and possible dual degree? Bingo 4 1,305 04-29-2026, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Phyexial

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)