Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Officially a Grad Student
#17
(07-15-2021, 11:34 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: WGU is pass/fail. All completed courses are considered pass with a 3.0 GPA. If you pass with an A+ or a C- it all counts the same. Some may not like this but it worked for me so I will be returning in September to complete the MBA.

Just note, enrollment can be frustrating as they sometimes take forever to get transcripts processed. Also, there is a lot of writing at WGU too but they have minimum suggested page lengths of 10-20 pages per assignment. 

If you are really learning the information, you will almost always write more than the minimum to prove to yourself, if nobody else, that you actually know what you're talking about. You basically get out what you put in and at the end of the day, if you skimp, you're only cheating yourself.  

Since your are already familiar with competency-based, once enrolled, you should should excel in this environment.

I really like the idea of not stressing to maintain my GPA! I'm fine with the whole pass/fail thing. I don't have sit there and count points like a crazy person. 

Good to know transcripts are slow to be processed! Thank you for that info. 

The writing doesn't bother me at all. I wrote pages and pages for my undergrad in a CBE program. The fewer exams the happier I am. I did realize at UMPI how much I dislike exams and enjoy the writing process. I really dislike discussions with citations. I haven't really found anyone who actually enjoys the online discussions. LOL I also liked focusing on 1 class at a time at UMPI. A few weeks completing a class and it was over. On to the next one. It was nice setting a goal to finish a class in x number of days instead of 7 weeks.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 06-30-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Cofffeee - 06-30-2021, 08:45 PM
Officially a Grad Student - by Kab - 07-01-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by park0902 - 07-01-2021, 03:39 AM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Alpha - 07-01-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by bjcheung77 - 07-01-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-14-2021, 11:48 AM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by cerich67 - 07-14-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-14-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by cerich67 - 07-14-2021, 12:37 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-14-2021, 12:41 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Cofffeee - 07-14-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by Vle045 - 07-14-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by GizmoJack - 07-15-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: Officially a Grad Student - by ss20ts - 07-16-2021, 09:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 759 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  UNO Maverick Flex Path CBE Grad Cert in Executive Business Jonathan Whatley 4 1,360 06-08-2026, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Andhra University Online Master's Degrees - Open to international student durain 29 6,242 05-26-2026, 06:14 AM
Last Post: UoBoomer
  Nexford University Individual NA Grad and Undergrad Courses, ~$500 Each Jonathan Whatley 0 1,534 11-14-2025, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Qualifi Level 7 Cyber — Grad Credit or Master’s msmjj01 2 2,481 10-25-2025, 11:48 PM
Last Post: msmjj01
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 51 36,075 09-29-2025, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  18 Grad Credits Math TINASAM 11 4,241 09-17-2025, 08:11 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  UMPI Grad Cert in SPED natshar 4 1,842 08-24-2025, 11:09 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which Grad Schools Accept Which Certificates for Credit SophiaPrincess 1 1,576 07-15-2025, 06:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Non-US Grad Cert Options? Dlo79 4 2,515 05-25-2025, 04:52 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)