Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Transferring ACE to Arizona State University
#35
(02-22-2021, 08:33 AM)ArielB74 Wrote: ASU's admissions department is one of the most stringent I've ever worked with.  I'm currently enrolled, but I could only get 72 of my 94 RA credits to transfer (from previous college work a long time ago).  By comparison, TESU evaluated me at 92.5 and FIU at 86.  Also, ASU didn't allow me to meet a few requirements that I've met at other colleges (English, Math, and Language... I mean, I have 1.5 yrs of Ancient Greek and the credits transferred but they're making me take a language).

At the end of the day, I chose the more expensive path because I'd rather have ASU on my resume and grad school application (planning to apply to a couple of top tier grad schools). I should be done by this time next year. I've enjoyed the first half of my first semester, but it hasn't been easy.... the classes are the same curriculum as the B&M classes but they're jammed in to 7.5 weeks, so it's really hard.

Quote:I'd rather have ASU on my resume and grad school application

Hm, I've been thinking about that too. I however don't have a degree at all and haven't had trouble finding software engineering positions once I got enough experience. I have a fear that adding TESU to my resume will make it worse! Haha.

ArielB74 - what has your experience been at ASU online so far since you last posted?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Transferring ACE to Arizona State University - by mahaganapati - 07-18-2021, 04:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Griffin Gives Carnegie Mellon University A Record $3 Billion LevelUP 2 57 9 hours ago
Last Post: bluebooger
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 7 6,191 10-04-2026, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Maltus
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,171 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,893 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  university of michigan goes pass/fail for first semester freshman bluebooger 2 708 08-13-2026, 11:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Ashford University ladylearner 7 2,450 05-28-2026, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  CodeSignal’s University Ranking Report Reveals Higher Ed’s Blind Spot LevelUP 1 1,200 04-30-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  International Open University in The Gambia sal1820 2 3,910 04-07-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: DoctorHAK
  ouisiana Board of Regents approved the state’s first accelerated bachelor’s degree (A xspect 5 1,802 03-28-2026, 09:53 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Underrated University chopliver2 20 11,940 02-13-2026, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)