Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree
#35
(02-13-2022, 07:32 PM)Tedium Wrote: Yeah, you really don’t need a second degree to prepare for your Master’s. Start with those Clackamas APA courses, move on to ONU’s English and History courses for $150 a pop, and then hit up BYU, if you feel the need.

You’ll have a great re-introduction to the writing process and you will have done it on your own time without having to spend a bundle.

And it’s all graded RA credit, if you need to use it.

Can you point me toward the Clackamas APA courses?  I tried to find it myself, but kept going in circles.

(02-15-2022, 07:05 AM)raycathode Wrote: Officially, TAMU Commerce is requiring US History I and Ii and Texas Government/Political Science in addition to the 30 major credits. This was prior to official transcript evaluations. I pointed out I already had us history I and Ii through Sophia and they said "I'm sure you'll get credit when we finish evaluating your transcripts," and waived those. I still need Texas Government/polisci. So it'll be 11 classes/33 credits.

Seem to be no other hiccups.

But for now I'm very much leaning against doing the program as I just think I won't have time due to increased work commitments/potential promotion.


That’s pretty much what I found too.  I emailed them and was told that the Sophia History classes ARE approved to cover the history classes.  I have US History 2 covered, but I would need US History 1.  I also have the US Government class covered.  I think it is on my short list of potential options.
Possible Next up: MS Analytics

MBA ‘26
BS Sociology 
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree - by Vle045 - 02-15-2022, 11:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan for ETAMU Help! leahsharpe14 1 344 09-09-2026, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Questions about applying for a CBE degree at East Texas A&M University Jin Wang 6 2,003 04-27-2026, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jin Wang
  ETAMUC - Texas gov Pinkeypie 6 2,120 02-02-2026, 05:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Choosing between Org Leadership & Gen Studies CBE at ETAMU (E.Texas A&M) futbolista89 5 2,695 11-24-2025, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  East Texas A&M - Plan darthweezy 22 6,576 08-22-2025, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 89 50,885 07-07-2025, 02:59 PM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  Propanelord - ETAMU or UMPI Degree Plan Propanelord 1 1,535 05-25-2025, 03:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Completed Final Class - East Texas A&M / TAMUC ATM925 5 3,620 02-20-2025, 06:46 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Degree Plan? Pierpont BOG Degree to Satisfy Core Requirements at ETAMU lotusflower-tme 1 1,629 01-04-2025, 07:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC (East Texas A&M) Health Services BAAS SpartacusPM 8 5,902 12-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: SpartacusPM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)