Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s?
#8
That’s not for me. I like working, for one thing. My mental health has really struggled during period, such as a while being unemployed when I wasn’t working. I also like a lifestyle that is a little beyond the one OP describes. My wife and I could live pretty comfortably of $50-60k, probably, if our house was paid off. But of course, at that point we would have to buy our own health insurance (too much income for free/very low cost gov’t care), so one or both of us would end up working. If I am going to be working somewhere for $12-$15 to buy health insurance or my current gig where I make around $30/hr, I think I’ll just stay where I am.

The OP plan also is great if everything works just to plan. And you never have to buy a new car. And you don’t have any fancy tastes. Personally, we will stick to what we are doing. Work more/harder now with the aim of retiring at around age 60. OP’s plan would stress me the F out. I would wake up every morning afraid that I might get sick and wreck everything. I would end up giving myself ulcers and it would be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 2 users Like freeloader's post:
  • , rachel83az
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? - by freeloader - 03-03-2022, 08:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Mardi Gras - Lunar New Year -Ramadan Charles Fout 3 1,919 02-18-2026, 10:51 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Holidays and New Year! bjcheung77 10 4,656 12-25-2025, 08:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Basic Program - Year 3 Autumn Charles Fout 0 1,362 10-05-2025, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Studying Medicine Later in Life dewisant 0 1,999 09-24-2025, 01:34 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Lived in Western Washington for half of my life, now we live here. dewisant 8 3,958 05-01-2025, 04:34 AM
Last Post: studenttime
  RFK Jr Falsely Tells Senate "AI Nurse" Is "As Good As Any Doctor" Jonathan Whatley 1 2,003 01-30-2025, 12:22 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  OUTRAGE! - Attempt on President Trump's Life Charles Fout 34 25,346 01-05-2025, 07:14 PM
Last Post: DragonDF
  The Best Life Advice Thread natshar 10 7,893 05-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 2,076 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 2,527 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)