03-10-2022, 05:22 PM
(03-10-2022, 05:14 PM)jb111 Wrote: In a perfect world, I'd be able to listen/watch to lectures while doing the treadmill, walking outside, etc... However, the inexpensive colleges don't provide any video or audio. You read an article or the text and write about it. So one form of input and one form of output. I believe if I was forced to do a presentation of what I learned, it would be much more engaging (especially going back and forth with another student). Just reading does not create energy for me (at least what "I" read).
https://speechify.com/ Totally worth the yearly subscription fee. I can have the Chrome extension read webpages to me, or I can load a PDF into the app on my phone and listen to it whenever/wherever. It's not perfect, and it does glitch out from time to time, but I think it's one of the best text-to-speech programs out there. I think it's helped a couple of people to get through some UMPI classes without video/audio.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA
Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA
Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)