Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s?
#30
Yeah I've been following Mr. Money Mustache for awhile. I don't agree with all of his philosophies. I do think he is smart.

One thing he is big on is he rides bike everywhere and hardly uses his car. I personally love riding my bike and try to do it for things short distances it is so much more fun and traffic has gotten so bad it's often faster. Biking short distances can save a lot of money. Don't knock until you've tried it.

It is crazy I have been working alongside other people we were working the exact same job making the exact same amount of money as me in the same stage of life (not married, no kids, etc.) And we had nearly identical expenses yet they were broke and I had savings.

There are also some people in this world (maybe you know a few) that you could give them a million dollars today and in a year they'd have nothing. Some people are just bad with money and no matter how much money you give them they always think just a little more would solve their problems, but they have no idea the problem is not the money but how they manage it.

I don't aspire to be exactly like mr money mustache. I personally find my mental health gets terrible when I'm unemployed. I need structure and purpose and for me the easiest way to get that is through employment.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • LevelUP, Messdiener
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? - by natshar - 03-11-2022, 11:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Mardi Gras - Lunar New Year -Ramadan Charles Fout 3 1,933 02-18-2026, 10:51 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Holidays and New Year! bjcheung77 10 4,666 12-25-2025, 08:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Basic Program - Year 3 Autumn Charles Fout 0 1,375 10-05-2025, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Studying Medicine Later in Life dewisant 0 2,009 09-24-2025, 01:34 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Lived in Western Washington for half of my life, now we live here. dewisant 8 3,964 05-01-2025, 04:34 AM
Last Post: studenttime
  RFK Jr Falsely Tells Senate "AI Nurse" Is "As Good As Any Doctor" Jonathan Whatley 1 2,008 01-30-2025, 12:22 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  OUTRAGE! - Attempt on President Trump's Life Charles Fout 34 25,379 01-05-2025, 07:14 PM
Last Post: DragonDF
  The Best Life Advice Thread natshar 10 7,908 05-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 2,085 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 2,540 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)