Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway...
#6
(07-22-2022, 10:03 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: One of the reasons I wasn't thrilled with Excelsior was the utter lack of *any* understanding of non traditional credit by their enrollment (sales) people coupled with  an utter unwillingness to get me to anyone competent.

But after sufficient badgering, and the comment that there's no way I'd even consider it unless I could get answers, they finally looped in someone highly competent in advising, who was lovely... and agreed with me after evaluating that TESU made more sense in my case.

I do suspect you just got one of the not-so-sharp ones.

My EC advisor has been pretty solid so far, but I also was coming in with a lot of xfer credits from traditional schools which I think is more the EC business model (based on their history).

Hopefully they keep it together till we can finish it off. and if they complete the change to university that is a plus as well.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway... - by TheVilified - 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW: Excelsior Students Must Now Complete 15 Credits In-House pilot 14 18,384 06-04-2025, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
Photo EU allows 113 credits EXCEPT BS LA huiwh1998 2 2,790 05-05-2025, 03:33 PM
Last Post: huiwh1998
  Business Degree and Upper Level transfer credits Bm1992 33 16,767 01-27-2025, 01:16 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transferring additional credits after finishing my degree SimpleDegree 4 2,360 07-11-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 4,308 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 8,919 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 6,864 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: MCJ
  Transferring TEEX credits to Excelsior Loopsb 6 4,460 10-23-2021, 10:18 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  EC Wants Me To Do 34 Credits Despite Having 100+ Credits Kal Di 20 9,541 07-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  CSM Course now accepted at Excelsior for 3 credits of Quantitative Reasoning CSMlearn 5 3,662 03-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)