Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere?
#5
(09-25-2022, 04:35 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Forget about BS degree.

Try University of Colorado Boulder's MS in Data Science program
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/master-...ce-boulder


They offer performance-based admissions.
They don't require undergrad transcripts.
That means, if you pass their of three grad-level courses, you'll be accepted.  
No letters of recommendations required either.

In my opinion, Colorado Boulder's MS in Data Science can compete with BS in Applied Computer Science degree.
It's not math-heavy as a BS in CS degree but it has a good amount of programming courses. If you get high GPA from MS in DS, I'm sure that you'll be able to find an IT job.
Data Science is considered "Computer Science or related degrees" in IT job fields.
Data scientists get similar salary as software engineers.


or you can try to get performance-based master's degree in Computer Science from Wrexham Glyndwr University for only 6k GBP:
https://online.glyndwr.ac.uk/msc-computer-science/
It doesn't require anything from undergrad institutions.
"Degree not required for admission, work experience considered"

Thank you so much for this advice! So far this is the best option out of what I'm presented with and I'm leaning towards deciding on this. The very attractive thing about this option is that I don't even necessarily have to pay it in full all once. According to the program details, it says the courses can be completed first as part of Coursera's subscription and then "upgraded" later once needed as actual credit, which provides me a lot of flexibility in funding the degree out of pocket. 

It's also from a reputable American school and it takes less time to complete (2 years) than a BSc from University of London which takes 3 years to complete. I suppose I wouldn't have issues applying to companies which require a degree? I'm not sure how HR for one of those types of companies would handle a candidate without a Bachelor's but with a Masters? Either way it seems like the best option so far, and it looks like the deadline to start next session is Sept 30.

I also just checked Wrexham Glyndwr, so thank you for that! It seems to have questionable reviews however. Have you come across any in this forum with positive experiences?

But yes, I think I'm leaning towards Coursera's Boulder program so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HawkofDarkness's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? - by HawkofDarkness - 09-25-2022, 05:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,720 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,322 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,443 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,796 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 380 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 421 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,458 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,277 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,583 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,595 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)