Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
UMPI Yourpace computer requirements?
#6
Currently, I am in a town with high-speed cable internet, and everything works great. I have considered moving to a more rural area, but expect I would end up with satellite-internet that has a high-latency (not the new Starlink). I believe UMPI uses Zoom a lot, so I plan to stay in areas with cable internet. Also, if UMPI uses proctored online exams, those probably require good 2-way video connections. I was just curious if anyone had success with the online (Yourpace) path, while having high-latency internet? High-latency meaning you have good download speed, and moderate upload speed, but terrible switching between downloading and uploading. You can usually watch online movies and stuff just fine, but 2-way video and online-games are too jittery, and usually disconnect.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: UMPI Yourpace computer requirements? - by pluggingalong - 09-29-2022, 12:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI's under review by NECHE?? GoBroncos95 29 2,248 09-27-2026, 06:34 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  UMPI Master of Science in Business Jonathan Whatley 102 53,043 09-08-2026, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Easiest Natural Science UMPI Course? LevelUP 5 993 09-06-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI Proposing 90-Credit YourPace BLS and Applied Psychology BA Jonathan Whatley 39 14,614 08-16-2026, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI CBE Master’s in Human Services Planned, and MHA Still Happening Jonathan Whatley 8 2,053 08-14-2026, 10:20 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Credits for DSST exams at UMPI any4yeardegree 7 1,297 08-14-2026, 01:20 AM
Last Post: daydream
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 3,901 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace Fall 2026 majors - clarification request lauramichele1 0 700 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lauramichele1
  New UMF YourPace CBE Certificate in Game Studies Jonathan Whatley 0 443 08-04-2026, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  BS in Cybersecurity (YourPace New Program) truthfulness 15 2,964 08-01-2026, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)