10-07-2022, 09:56 AM
I think the issue was more to do with naming the degree on their transcript. They wanted "extension studies" removed, so it looked more like the standard types of degrees people get.
Obviously, they would love it if the extension school was removed as well so nobody could tell the difference if they went to Harvard or Harvard Extension school. But if they did that, then everyone would hack the Harvard degree, which would greatly reduce the value of a Harvard degree.
"Out in the world, we face discrimination for being a part of the Harvard Extension School," she said. "I've personally had someone tell me to give up on my dreams because I don't study at the 'real Harvard.'"
Students spend a lot of time and money to get their college degrees, so they don't want to be discriminated against.
Obviously, they would love it if the extension school was removed as well so nobody could tell the difference if they went to Harvard or Harvard Extension school. But if they did that, then everyone would hack the Harvard degree, which would greatly reduce the value of a Harvard degree.
"Out in the world, we face discrimination for being a part of the Harvard Extension School," she said. "I've personally had someone tell me to give up on my dreams because I don't study at the 'real Harvard.'"
Students spend a lot of time and money to get their college degrees, so they don't want to be discriminated against.
Study.com – Get 10% Off: https://altcredit.click/study10
Degrees: BA Comp Sci; BS Business Admin (CIS); AS Nat Sci & Math — TESU (4.0 GPA)
Certs: Google (IT Support, Digital Marketing, Proj Mgmt); W3Schools PHP
Degrees: BA Comp Sci; BS Business Admin (CIS); AS Nat Sci & Math — TESU (4.0 GPA)
Certs: Google (IT Support, Digital Marketing, Proj Mgmt); W3Schools PHP


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)