11-14-2022, 05:49 PM
(11-14-2022, 05:25 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote: Yea, I imagine it will be hard to remember every single detail after some time has passed. Some of the history classes I've taken are different from what I've heard about them over a year ago. The students who read this thread should be a bit skeptical about how relevant class reviews from older terms are to them today. Still, I think older class reviews still have some use. Some classes aren't that good and don't have many signs of being updated. One review is all it takes to help someone avoid taking a class like BIO 105.
HTY 456 had full movies. I've updated my review to include more details. In the class, you watch some films from 1940 - 1960 and write papers about how they relate to the Cold War culture of the time. Most films are in black and white. I've had a lot of fun with the class. Glad to have taken it.
It's interesting to see that the history classes have had changes over time. I didn't know that any of them had changed. I only took American Government and that doesn't seem to have changed. I know several business classes have changed. Even the change in professor can make a difference with how the Milestones and Final Assessment are graded and sent back for revisions. One class changed the programming language which was good since the language I had to use wasn't even covered in the course content. I'm definitely interested in seeing what changes take place with Brightspace. I am hopeful that it will be an even better platform. One thing several students brought up to the President of UMPI and the Chancellor of U of M was that we did not have a way to see who else was taking classes and had no way to communicate. Some of us felt pretty lonely. I know the President took this to heart and wanted to make communication possible so I'm hoping this is possible in Brightspace. Would be great to see who else is in your class and ask for pointers or ideas on what is needed for a Milestone if it gets kicked back to you. One of the marketing professors was really picky and didn't do a great job at answering questions. He would basically respond with it's in there. Great. Thanks so much. LOL Totally not helpful. Maybe he enjoyed reading the same Milestone 10 times?
Wow you got to watch whole movies? That's pretty cool! I never would have related The Blob and the Cold War. Did the content cover the Cold War and a relationship to the movies? Or was it more that the movies were released during this era of history? It sounds like an interesting class and history isn't typically my favorite subject. These types of movies make me think of The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. When I was a kid, I thought that was a fake movie.



![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)