Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change
#78
(04-10-2023, 12:53 PM)raycathode Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 11:58 AM)InItForFun Wrote: I agree with you Pats20.  

At the end of the day, I don’t think it’s the medium of a course that determines it’s value, rather the quality of the professor.  A great professor will make a class worthwhile no matter how the class is conducted.

I took HES courses because I wanted to learn from what I consider to be the best faculty in the world but did not want to leave my dream job.  HES is the best deal in education because of that.

No I'm going to disagree with you. newdegree has convinced me. It's not about learning anything, expanding my skills, building a network, gaining insight from world class faculty, being inspired by cohorts who've overcome incredible life obstacles, growing as a person or being in the 1% of HES course takers that ever earn a degree. 

No. It's ENTIRELY about the difficulty of getting accepted. Based on newdegree's posts, it is my new goal to get accepted into the most rigorous and selective program I can - after which I will immediately drop out. Because the admissions process was where all the value was, so once I accomplish that, I will have distinguished myself, and I should be set.  Big Grin
That’s funny.  Big Grin   
You had me going till the punchline.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change - by Pats20 - 04-10-2023, 01:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Degree in Math - What is the best route for one course at a time? udi 8 1,211 09-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  NEW Univ of Virginia - Master of Change Management smartdegree 0 727 08-07-2026, 03:43 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Carolina University - Cheap Accredited MA degree FireMedic_Philosopher 8 1,904 07-18-2026, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Newlane University Planning Graduate Degree WALLACEMC11 14 2,593 07-14-2026, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sal1820
  Harvard Extension Data Science, Digital Media Design ALMs Renamed to Include AI Jonathan Whatley 0 1,341 06-10-2026, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,082 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Quick Master's Degree Advice Dnightowl 7 1,530 05-24-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Harvard Graduate Poetry Classes Still $250 Per Class for Teachers.Epstein Connections eriehiker 8 2,823 05-11-2026, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Mahatma Gandhi University Online MBA and Master Degree durain 9 1,804 05-02-2026, 11:14 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Next Steps After UMPI: Considering Law School CFPhopeful 6 1,660 03-10-2026, 10:02 AM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)