06-21-2023, 05:50 PM
(06-21-2023, 12:53 PM)IHatePickingUsernames Wrote: If I'm off-base, let me know. I hope I am off-base. A two-hour multiple choice exam of 50 questions screams "diploma mill" to me. I am not okay with this. ENEB should either 1) offer the test per course; or 2) pause admissions until they're no longer overloaded; or 3) raise the price of the degrees to slow down enrollment.
And I think you hit the nail right on the head as to what is happening here. I suspect the same thing, especially considering how they put a 3-month window on it. That says to me it's probably their high season and they're using this as a way to capitalize while reducing the workload instead of hiring more people.
With regard to your other sentiments, agreed. This is going to destroy the legitimacy of the whole operation, and once the FCE's catch wind of it they will be blacklisted by every FCE in North America, guaranteed. And if Isabel is allowing this and it's not just something ENEB is doing without their knowledge, then Isabel has to be questioned, too. Earlier, I spoke about the possibility of this being in keeping with propio rules, but as I thought about it, I had a hard time believing that this is legal in Spain. ECTS hour totals are a fairly straightforward standard, and this is a ridiculous shortcut that just can't be in line with it. Unless it works a totally different way than I'm familiar with, you cannot complete that many ECTS hours based on a 2-hour, 50 question exam.
The move to offer incredibly inexpensive degree programs worked for them, and it worked so well that they have more students than they can handle. I got that impression from hearing about the very long diploma turnaround times. This is definitely not the answer to that. Not 50 questions. If they're going to do something like this, make it way more challenging and intense than that. Make it a test so deep it takes days to finish it, make it a test per each section, 50 questions per SECTION, AND have a final essay attached, and then they may have something. But just 50 questions? Total? Yeah, that's just a mill move. This is ridiculous, lol.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)