Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Considering Dropping - 2 classes in.
#16
(07-26-2023, 10:24 AM)GRHODES1 Wrote: Well, I asked if I had dropped the course.  Jessica replied that you can't drop the course if you've started the assessment.

The point is, I *haven't* started the assessment, because I can't.  I don't know how to program in Visual Basic using Visual Studio- how to integrate the project into a database, etc.  It wasn't taught in this course.

I'm livid. That aside, I've asked her how she would suggest I learn this, or to clarify whether simply reading the requirements of the final project constitutes "starting" it.  

Awaiting reply...

I'm wondering if I should just submit a "failed" project, and simultaneously complete the Google Data Analytics certification to use as an equivalent.  Ugh- all of this wasted time.

Many people have had this issue with this course.  I have seen some students tell about watching Youtube videos to learn it and others saying they got extra help from the professor.  This is a known issue with this course and the issues with the MIS course are also known and discussed frequently.  Students have to just do the best they can, ask for help, get outside support.  It is really inappropriate that these courses are both so poorly written.  They will hopefully be fixed in the move to Brightspace but for those of us doing them now, we have to find ways to work around the issues.

If you can't drop it, then watch some youtube videos and talk to the professor.  The professors don't write the material, they are teaching what was written before them.  Sometimes they have ideas and solutions to these kinds of problems.
Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science, Minors: Management Info Systems & Political Science, summa cum laude
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
[-] The following 4 users Like Tswede's post:
  • GRHODES1, LakeMomNY, Pikachu, ss20ts
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Considering Dropping - 2 classes in. - by Tswede - 07-26-2023, 11:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Classes Advice? Missled 1 1,154 06-24-2025, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Guidance on classes so far Tricialk 2 1,351 06-23-2025, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Tricialk
  (HELP) Fastest Business Classes klone 4 1,964 06-18-2025, 06:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree Planning. Do I need 10 classes or 12 00u00u00 8 2,593 03-10-2025, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Taking more classes than required for degree RiverM 11 6,307 11-17-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI MAOL question with classes Hackingat40 7 4,094 11-17-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quickest Classes for BLS in Management at UMPI? rayshun_10 7 3,787 11-04-2024, 05:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question on Classes argeng 2 1,661 11-04-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: DavidGood
  Fall 2 Classes Start Today! Hackingat40 2 1,750 10-30-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  BBA PM & IS timeline 16 classes seven9781 3 1,665 10-08-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: seven9781

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)