Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Python List Comprehension Error: Unexpected Output
#1
I'm encountering an unexpected output while using list comprehension in Python. I'm trying to create a list of squared values for even numbers in a given range, but the result is not what I anticipated. Here's the code I'm using:

Code:
even_numbers = [x for x in range(10) if x % 2 == 0]
squared_values = [x**2 for x in even_numbers]

print(squared_values)

I expected the output to be [0, 4, 16, 36, 64], but instead, I'm getting [0, 4, 16]. It seems like the last even number (8) and its corresponding squared value (64) are missing.

Can someone help me understand why this is happening and how to correct my list comprehension code to get the desired output? Is there something I'm overlooking in my approach? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Python List Comprehension Error: Unexpected Output - by tom22 - 08-29-2023, 05:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's Why More and More People are Done with Airbnb—It's Quite a List LevelUP 1 693 07-28-2026, 11:11 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
Rainbow Compiled List of Student Discounts jsd 0 1,495 05-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: jsd
  How do you list length of course? carebear_007 8 4,241 01-27-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Banished Words List Alpha 0 1,452 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Python Popularity Alpha 9 3,242 09-14-2021, 06:58 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  FREE - Amazon.com - Python and OpenGL (Kindle Edition) bjcheung77 1 1,975 07-06-2021, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  To Do List natshar 9 4,001 06-19-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  FREE Udemy - Learn Python Programming! (Free offer ends today!) bjcheung77 2 2,472 01-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  FREE Udemy - Practical Programming in Python bjcheung77 3 3,113 12-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Think I found a discount list High_Order1 4 3,020 05-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Last Post: cookderosa

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)