Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you list length of course?
I'm filling out a job application and the supplemental questionnaire includes:

List by course name or subject matter, courses you have trained. Include length of course. Categories may include, but not limited to management, automation, eligibility, and career development.

I should be able to include some of the courses that I took at UMPI right? Would the length of course be determined by the total hours worked in my Pace and Progress that's listed on YourPace? ie: One of the courses I took lists my total hours worked as 6.35 hours.
What a weird question. I would fill it in as semester hours/credits earned personally.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • carebear_007, Vle045
I don't think that includes UMPI courses because that'll be in the degree you have. I'm pretty sure it means non-degree courses for things such as (for an example) any of the Google Professional Certificates.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • carebear_007, TINASAM
I think it does include UMPI courses. I think they want more info than the degree name so they can pick people with certain knowledge.

I definitely would not put 6 hours which sounds very low. A typical 3 semester hour college course is considered to have 45 hours of lecture time and 90 hours of study time, for a total of 135 hours. I don't suggest putting 135 hours, however.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • carebear_007
As reference, my CPIM certification translates (traditional) college courses to CE hours as credit hours times number of weeks, so a 12 week course of 3 credit hours counts for 36 CE hours.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • carebear_007
Course length is a weird question! Lots of classes today are 7 or 8 weeks at many colleges. Lots of schools have multiple terms in a semester. I'm wondering what exactly they're looking for because that is odd. I mean I've taken a class at a college that was 5 weeks long. It was 1 credit. We met 1 day a week for 5 weeks. What does that prove? Not much. I'd probably leave the length of time blank. I mean who keeps track of how long classes are?

I've got UMPI classes where I spent 3 hours on the course content. That doesn't take into account for studying for the exam or taking the exam. Nor does it account for researching for writing the papers or writing the actual paper or revisions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • carebear_007
I would not include any college courses in that, assuming that they meant non-college courses taken.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • carebear_007
I find the question very strange as well.

I looked back at some of the courses that I took at study and they provided certificates with course hours. Some of the courses transferred in as electives but could easily fall under management and career development. I'm sure it won't hurt to add UMPI courses that fall under those two categories as well and just leave it at credits and not mention the hours.
The length of the course doesn't have to be hours. You can enter in the number of terms it took you to complete the courses. If it was 1 term, enter in 1 term. If 1 semester, enter in 1 semester. That one question shouldn't break your application, it's just for their info. The main thing is, you have all or most of the requirements met, the certs, degree, experience, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • carebear_007

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python List Comprehension Error: Unexpected Output tom22 3 406 08-29-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Pikachu
Rainbow Compiled List of Student Discounts jsd 0 609 05-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Banished Words List Alpha 0 511 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  To Do List natshar 9 1,653 06-19-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Think I found a discount list High_Order1 4 1,643 05-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  HAZMAT suit added to the shopping list GMT 12 1,616 11-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  Is it obnoxious to list degree acronymns behind your name on your resume? soliloquy 14 3,926 08-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Kaz
  Forbes's America's Top 100 Colleges List OfficerA 5 1,489 07-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Drakemoore
  COSC and TESC make top 50 list burbuja0512 2 1,281 04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Do you list your college degree? 29palms 32 5,289 09-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Last Post: 29palms