Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Southwestern College & New Earth Institute (Art Therapy, Consiousness MAs)
#23
(08-29-2023, 11:41 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 08:36 PM)eLearner Wrote: I got some info back from Kairos, and the situation with the DPC is this:

1. You have to have a Master's in a mental health discipline.

2. You have to be licensed.

3. You have to be practicing.

My issue with it is that it's not really heavy on the counseling side like their Master's is and that's strange to me. Personally, I'd get the MA in Counseling, get licensed (or not) and go after a Doctorate in Psychology (preferably one eligible for licensing) elsewhere since it will be focused entirely on the science of Psychology.

So after speaking with another rep from the school, I understand the aim of their DPC better. Because you're required to already be licensed and practicing, the point of it is to focus on a specialization or research and/project work which makes up the majority of the credits. Still, I would say, if you didn't feel like you got enough out of your Master's program(s) in a Mental Health discipline, it just makes sense to seek out a Doctorate in Psychology (or Mental Health Counseling, though I don't think there are many of those in the United States). I also think the DPC will fly more in states where the LPC is a thing, but not as much in others.

ASU's DBH - Clinical is like this. I'm sure I've come across other programs that are like this. The goal is not really to increase your knowledge of psychology or counseling. The goal is to get the doctor title for marketing purposes and for potentially higher pay.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Southwestern College & New Earth Institute (Art Therapy, Consiousness MAs) - by sanantone - 08-30-2023, 01:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keystone College CBE MBA, Six Concentrations, $5000 per 16 Weeks Jonathan Whatley 3 3,657 08-19-2026, 03:45 PM
Last Post: manyoptions4me
  New Fully Online MS in Quantum Computing (Fei Tian College) - $20k truthfulness 7 1,131 08-13-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Has anyone heard about Signum Magnum College Free MBA Heartstrings 32 14,864 07-16-2026, 12:02 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South Europe College (MFHEA Accredited) DoctorHAK 1 853 07-14-2026, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Elmwood Institute Increased Fees Jakehazex21 31 6,422 06-05-2026, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Dallas Christian College CBE MAs freeloader 1 700 06-02-2026, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South College CBE MS in Accounting, MS in Instructional Design and Technology Jonathan Whatley 3 858 05-30-2026, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  South College CBE MS in HR Jonathan Whatley 0 672 05-06-2026, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Question South College CBE M.A. Ministry cc95 6 1,450 04-23-2026, 11:47 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Signum Magnum College not in Germany's Anabin database? EliEverIsAHero 2 1,140 04-07-2026, 11:17 AM
Last Post: eLearner

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)