Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Boston U, Mississippi State, or Auburn
#2
I wonder if anyone on here has attended any of these programs. I haven't seen much chat about them at all. I'm guessing that's due to price and length of the programs? I spent 10 months and less than $9000 on my MBA.

I've only seen a couple of colleges who included books in tuition aside from CBE programs. There's usually a fee to cover the book rentals so they're not really free. I had this at Charleston Southern University. I had to pay to ship the books to me and pay to ship them back. If they're late, there's HUGE fees.

How long it takes to complete those degrees should be on their websites. A lot will depend if you're full or part time.

In my MBA program, I only had 1 class with a group project and that was a class I elected to take as it wasn't a requirement. I personally would avoid any group projects in online classes. In my experience, they're 10 times worse than B&M group projects. At least with B&M projects, you see each other in class and have an opportunity to talk to the professor. Emailing a professor just isn't the same. And trying to get people in the group to respond is an absolute nightmare.

In my MBA program, there was a lot of writing. Lots of reading as well. Amberton's MBA programs have like 6 (maybe more) concentrations. In mine, I had a lot of freedom to take the classes I wanted. The university also has the syllabus for each class on their website so you can see what work is involved before enrolling in a course. This was a really nice feature to have. I don't know of other colleges who do this. I wish more did!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Boston U, Mississippi State, or Auburn - by ss20ts - 09-03-2023, 03:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morgan State MS/PhD (High transfer credit, low tuition) NotJoeBiden 57 21,266 08-13-2026, 05:26 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Angelo State University MA in Mental Health and Wellness Counseling staceydiane 11 2,959 07-04-2026, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Fort Hays State University - Education Specialist newdegree 19 4,308 02-24-2026, 10:41 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 eriehiker 10 5,285 03-23-2025, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Program Review - Missouri State University FireMedic_Philosopher 22 10,435 01-18-2025, 06:22 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Southeastern Oklahoma State University Online? acamp 23 16,123 12-17-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: onward25
  Middle Georgia State vs Amberton? gradstudentsoon 4 2,379 10-22-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  $200 Free Credits: Idaho State Teacher Grad Credits eriehiker 3 4,664 10-10-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  New Boston U MS Data Science $25K smartdegree 10 12,128 09-12-2024, 08:05 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 4,764 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)