Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is it possible to complete 12 Sophia courses with min 97% per course in 3 months?
#40
Okay, let me clear some things up.

(09-12-2023, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: 1. LevelUP: CLEP, you can pass by answering around 50% of the questions correctly, hardly a mastery of a subject.

Dfrecore: The "50%" number is not true - there is no way to know exactly what percentage you need on a CLEP exam, because they're scaled scores and the formula is not published.  It's definitely not 50% though.

LevelUp: They use to release a Test Information Guide that explained the CLEP in detail. In that guide you notice that 17-18 answers correct out of 40 equals a scaled score of 50 which passing for a lot of colleges. Things could have changed since then, but this provides some useful information. 

2. LevelUP: CLEPs are accepted by most colleges.

Dfrecore: Also, I would not say that MOST colleges accept CLEP - I would say that SOME accept CLEP, and many of those only accept a limited number of CLEP exams, and many require higher scores as well.

LevelUP: Looks like you strawmaned me by misrepersenting my statement. There are only 3,542 that are degree-granting postsecondary institutions of which more than 2,900 accept CLEP exams or 82%. I was referring bachlor degree granting colleges and not speciality colleges such as trade, beauty, nursing, etc. 

Sources:

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicat...stitutions
https://clep.collegeboard.org/clep-colle...icy-search

3. OP: Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't study.com more respected than Sophia (by grad schools).

In term of trustworthiness:
Clep and DSST > Study.com > Straighterline > Saylor Academy > Sophia

LeveUp: I can't speak for every school, but at least for TESU ACE credits are listed on the transcript together, and you can't tell if something was taken at SL, Study.com, Salyor, or Sophia. CLEPs were listed separately.

Defrecore: If a grad school wants to see your ACE/NCCRS credits, they MAY request your ACE/NCCRS transcripts - but I don't think most do.  They normally look at your package as a whole, and don't spend a LOT of time looking at your individual grades/scores.

I wasn't referring to grades. I was responding to OP saying which alt provider was more "trustworthy." The idea that someone is going to know if Study.com is more trustworthy than Sophia and then also punish you for it is laughable. I love to see someone post a report about this. 
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to complete 12 Sophia courses with min 97% per course in 3 months? - by LevelUP - 09-16-2023, 03:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WARNING: Don't try and cheat on Sophia, they are suspending lots of accounts! LevelUP 26 10,017 09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 873 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org Membership Code - Recent bjcheung77 308 255,997 07-01-2026, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,194 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  List of Coursera Courses expiring on 09/30/2026 LevelUP 0 797 06-28-2026, 10:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,404 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,443 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  Questions about SDC, Straighterline & Sophia VanillaBean 2 1,300 04-04-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Sophia Course Medical Terminology Jonathan Whatley 9 3,510 03-27-2026, 11:50 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  3 Credit Undergrad Courses - $500 MEarlBITW 1 1,158 03-12-2026, 09:53 PM
Last Post: wow

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)