Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree
#52
(11-04-2023, 12:17 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: My brother and I applied to TAMUC and had our official transcripts sent in. No communication for three weeks except two automated emails, one stating we were admitted. I called numerous times inquiring about the transcript evaluations. Most of the time I reached no one and left polite messages that were never returned. On the rare occasion, I reached someone, I was given a variety of inaccurate excuses.  Eventually, I emailed the director of admissions and started getting emails from admissions officers as a result. They claimed my transcript was evaluated the same day it was received. Our evaluations were rife with errors. My brother's evaluation, containing almost identical courses, deviated significantly from mine. We have not been able to appeal or even get an explanation. Texas A&M is a very credible school but their Commerce campus is chaos. We were applying for their BAAS in Organizational Leadership because it is a CBE program. After examining the courses, TAMUC did us a favor. Their Organizational Leadership courses appear to have little utility and there are better check the box degrees.

Avoid TAMUC.

Edit: For those with Sophia credit, there are better options. They accepted less than half.
So, there are several of us who have graduated from TAMUC. I recently graduated and have kept the wiki updated with what has recently been accepted from Sophia and other sources. The maximum credits you can transfer in are 81 (84 if you've previously taken a Texas Government course). This is still valid as of last week as I have friends that are in the Fall 2 session.

The only person that you should be contacting is Brianna Harrison or the CID advising team. They are the ones that will transcribe your credit. 

I'm sorry if you are having some difficulties, but I wouldn't advise anyone to avoid TAMUC or claim that the campus is chaos. It's a pretty decent program with an advising staff that tend to be very helpful.
---
Completed:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity
TAMUC - BAAS Organizational Leadership
Pierpont - AAS BOG


Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree - by fromthedepths - 11-04-2023, 10:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan for ETAMU Help! leahsharpe14 1 334 09-09-2026, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Questions about applying for a CBE degree at East Texas A&M University Jin Wang 6 1,987 04-27-2026, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jin Wang
  ETAMUC - Texas gov Pinkeypie 6 2,120 02-02-2026, 05:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Choosing between Org Leadership & Gen Studies CBE at ETAMU (E.Texas A&M) futbolista89 5 2,684 11-24-2025, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  East Texas A&M - Plan darthweezy 22 6,552 08-22-2025, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 89 50,852 07-07-2025, 02:59 PM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  Propanelord - ETAMU or UMPI Degree Plan Propanelord 1 1,534 05-25-2025, 03:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Completed Final Class - East Texas A&M / TAMUC ATM925 5 3,617 02-20-2025, 06:46 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Degree Plan? Pierpont BOG Degree to Satisfy Core Requirements at ETAMU lotusflower-tme 1 1,627 01-04-2025, 07:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC (East Texas A&M) Health Services BAAS SpartacusPM 8 5,896 12-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: SpartacusPM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)