Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation
#1
Hey everyone.

I posted here a while ago asking for advice about universities and, following that, feedback regarding my degree plan.


I'm just over half way through my undergrad now (BA English - TESU). Thanks for all the help.

---

I need to grab 30 credits from Study.com. I've already checked their TESU equivalency info, so those should all go where I want them.


After that, I will need 12 credits from Coopersmith, but I've noticed that some of the wikis say to check with TESU advising (email) to make sure that any Coopersmith courses will transfer.

Once I've done that, I'll be 15 credits short of a degree. This will either be done in a 15-credit semester at TESU, or I might just do the cornerstone+capstone (and pay a hefty residency waiver) plus three electives through Sophia. 

The second option is expensive, but probably safer for my GPA than speedrunning five courses while working part-time. I still haven't decided what to do.

---

I've been told not to involve TESU advisors in my degree planning (regarding ACE credits and the like) at all, ever.

On the other hand, apparently TESU sometimes makes policy changes around the 1st of January, and it might be worth having everything planned out on MyProgress (and confirmed) before that, just in case.

Question 1: Is emailing advising about the four Coopersmith courses I plan to take worth it, or should I just YOLO the courses and send a transcript?

Question 2: Is there any point in trying to get them to update my academic evaluation/MyProgress with all the Study.com and Coopersmith equivalencies? As in, is that likely to protect me (or hurt me) in any way?

---

TL/DR: I don't know how to approach (taking and) transferring in four Coopersmith courses:

a_ ENG-202: American Literature Survey: 1900 to Present 
b_ [UL3] LIT-401: Medieval Hispano-Jewish Poetry 
c_ ENG-211: Constructing and Writing Logical Arguments
d_ LIT-302: The Works of Arthur Miller
OR
d_ LIT-301: The Works of Herman Wouk

Should I ask (email) TESU Advising before taking them? I've seen them all recommended on the wiki, or successfully transferred by people on this forum.

+

If I know what all my SDC (and Coopersmith) equivalencies are, should I go ahead and ask TESU to plan in the TESU equivalents on my academic evaluation? (To have my remaining credits planned out, in written form, in case any policy changes arise.)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation - by aperantosbias - 12-21-2023, 09:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 642 10-04-2026, 09:33 PM
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,313 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,693 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 581 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,701 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,230 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 407 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,561 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 590 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 818 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)