Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation
#9
(12-22-2023, 07:43 AM)aperantosbias Wrote: First of all, thanks to everyone for the insights.
---
Wow, this is particularly useful, given my concern regarding exactly 12 credits from Coopersmith.
I went ahead and emailed TESU Advising yesterday, and they said that the 12 credits I want to take through Coopersmith do indeed apply to the AoS of my degree- so in theory, I should be all set to email Don.

At least from my experience, the wiki is completely accurate. Between me and my friends, we probably took 8 or 9 Coopersmith courses, all for upper level credit, and had no problems.

BTW, Coopersmith doesn't make it clear, but at least for all the courses I took, there is a mention of a textbook in the syllabus.  You can probably get away without it just by studying the powerpoint, but for several of the classes, I decided to get the textbook just to learn the material more completely. From my memory, they were decent textbooks, 

My only complaint was with a couple of the drug/alcohol classes. I think they were all put together by the same professor, and I found a lot of material dated and some was just flat-out wrong. The professor seems to have been in the field for decades... which isn't a bad thing, but this one seemed to hold onto a lot of old school notions and practices taht are obsolete nd not helpful to clients.  (I was already a drug/alcohol counselor when I took those courses, so I know that material pretty well.) 

But other than that, Coopersmith was smooth sailing.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation - by studyingfortests - 12-22-2023, 09:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 15 5,622 10-09-2026, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 655 10-04-2026, 09:33 PM
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,349 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,700 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 595 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,738 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,237 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 424 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 597 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 834 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)