Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!!
#21
(01-29-2024, 09:03 AM)basicunitoflife Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 02:58 AM)GameSlinger Wrote: Amazing journey and congratulations.

Yes as some others have stated, this is not 0 to 120 credits in 8 days as they stated they did work on some credits following the pandemic. From my count, there were 11 classes (33 credits) at UMPI in 8 days, and 14 classes (42 credits?) through SDC and Sophia in 4 days plus UMPI overlap. That is 75+ credits in just under 2 weeks which is amazing by any standard. At that pace, I believe that you could have done the full 120 credits in less than 3 weeks. 

Yes there may be some difficulty finding a Nursing program that will accept all the science classes, but I believe there will be success in your future.
 I appreciate your positive outlook on my future success. 

In response to your comment, I want to clarify that not all credits were transferred, and that's indeed the essence of the competency-based program. Regarding the question about course overlap, I strategically began some courses while waiting for others to be completed—effective planning is the key to making it all possible.

On a related note, my 19-year-old daughter has more credits than I do, (especially regional credits) employing a similar strategy. She graduated elementary and high school by age 14, passed her TEAS exam with high scores, and received an acceptance letter from Trinitas Nursing School in NJ by age 16. This success is achievable with the right planning. 

As I mentioned to someone else, many schools accept ACE sciences, underscoring the importance of advocating for oneself. A TESU worker even mentioned that Straighterline sciences are considered superior to university sciences. While I value online information, I always conduct my own research to sift through any discrepancies. Thanks again for your encouraging words!


(01-29-2024, 06:10 AM)kai1120 Wrote: First, let me congratulate you on this incredible achievement. You did something I had always thought about but feared doing. I noticed the number of classes and days indicate you've completed more than one course in a day multiple times. I understand a significant amount of studying happened in the form of reading instead of watching lecture videos, but one course a day with straight A's really surprised me quite a bit. Was the reading challenging to you? How would you evaluate the amount of work involved for an average course (e.g., one could finish if dedicating x hours in one day)? Are you familiar with the topics before taking these courses? Do you think this is replicable for an average learner, or did your experience in the past play an important role in allowing you to do this?

In any way, this is a great achievement; congrats again. You'll be inspiring many in the future.
I'll be looking at the Straighterline English Composition course. It seems like this could be a good help for what I'm doing now as well.
@kai1120. 
Thank you so much for your congratulations and thoughtful questions. I appreciate your kind words and curiosity about my journey.

Completing multiple courses in a day did involve a significant amount of reading, and while challenging, I found it to be a manageable approach. The key was dedicating focused time to absorb the material efficiently.

Evaluating the amount of work for an average course varied, but generally, dedicating a concentrated block of time each day allowed me to progress steadily. The duration would depend on the course complexity and credit hours, but planning and time management were crucial.

My familiarity with the topics before taking the courses varied. In some cases, I had prior knowledge, while others were entirely new. However, the competency-based model allowed me to move at my own pace, allocating more time to areas I found challenging. 

As for replicability for an average learner, I believe the approach can be adapted based on individual learning styles and commitments. While my past experiences played a role, the key factors were planning, discipline, and adapting study methods to suit the competency-based structure. I While study.com isn't my preferred provider for a few reasons, the frequent repetition of information in a condensed timeframe has proven beneficial for me in various ways over time.

Thank you again for your congratulations. I wish you success with the Straighterline English Composition course—it could indeed be a valuable resource for your current endeavors. If you have any more questions or need further insights, feel free to ask!

(01-28-2024, 10:48 PM)pjmix2000 Wrote: This question might sound stupid but, what if the nursing school you are trying to go to does not take ACE credits such as Sophia or Study.com?

in addition to my earlier reply, utilize the following links to explore your school's credit transfer policies. Additionally, get in touch with the registrar's office to inquire about credit acceptance. While some schools may suggest sending transcripts, a thorough search on their website can often reveal their stance on accepting credits.


https://www.sophia.org/find-your-school/

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/

https://study.com/college/school/index.html

https://www2.acenet.edu/programs/ccrs/ad...cfm?sort=s

SL classes arent definitely not superior to university sciences.....absolutely not on God's green earth, at least. I haven't found a ACE credit source with science classes that aren't extremely watered down. My first degree was a BS in the biology
physiology and chem realm.

Some schools do, but most nursing schools don't. Some dude on here also is under the impression he can ACE himself into med school with a stellar MCAT (prepping for the MCAT means you need a solid science background, not hand waived ACE courses) and GPA alone as if schools don't look at credit sources. When he posts his acceptance, maybe I will eat crow.
[-] The following 2 users Like Duneranger's post:
  • ss20ts, TINASAM
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! - by Duneranger - 01-30-2024, 06:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 4,186 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Discontinued Minors At UMPI... RIP MIS, BA & Management Swiss Cognac 4 1,477 07-28-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  BLS Degree Plan Help clj626 8 1,214 07-20-2026, 02:44 PM
Last Post: clj626
Question Degree advice pumi 7 1,267 06-11-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pumi
  Major BBA Degree Changes To YourPace BBA Program Swiss Cognac 26 6,453 05-06-2026, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace Graphic Design Cert, Math Courses, New Minors, and More Jonathan Whatley 13 4,250 04-25-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  YourPace degree - does the diploma indicate anything to this effect? degreedude80 8 3,553 03-02-2026, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  UMPI - Healthcare Administration Degree joshua27 1 2,205 11-11-2025, 11:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Psychology 2nd degree plan evanmonast 3 1,465 11-08-2025, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello beautiful community ( business degree) Sara143 3 1,268 10-26-2025, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)