Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning
#67
(04-05-2024, 02:31 PM)newdegree Wrote: People will fight tooth and nail for VUL Doctorate when it is the best degree they have earned... I just did it for fun but let's be real this degree will not be respected by Ph.D. holders, DBA holders, Lawyers, Doctors, etc. It's nothing more than just a fast program that does not have a dissertation. I can bet you 90% of the people will not apply if it had a dissertation. People will defend the school because they want to feel like the degree holds much value when it doesn't. Most healthcare professionals do not need a DHA degree, their work experience is enough to get them to the position. The degree is used to bolster their resume and ego. If you want the respect that a doctorate earns, apply to a real regionally accredited program and put in the work. If a VUL degree works for you I'm happy for you but I must say I see the program as a mickey mouse doctorate and a fast easy way to earning a doctorate degree.

So you are enrolled in a second doctorate with EVMS. Curriculum - Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), Norfolk, Hampton Roads
You put a lot of emphasis on the need for a dissertation. I am unable to see a dissertation or even a project for the DH Sc. Overall, it looks like a good RA program with a doctoral degree that most colleges and universities will recognize for entry into academics. I'm not sure about the lack of a dissertation. I see "DHSC 903 Leading Innovation is a capstone course." Did EVMS accept some of your VUL doctoral credits in transfer? The FAQs mention accepting up to 12 credits from an "accredited" school. I realize VUL is TRAC accredited.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning - by Stonybeach - 04-19-2024, 03:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PhD in Applied Data Science - Eastern University rafars 39 11,127 09-27-2026, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Max13
  Anyone attend California Coast University for a doctorate? GoBroncos95 23 2,620 09-25-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  European International University basu888 254 100,704 09-10-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Liberty University First Responder Discount no longer for doctorates FireMedic_Philosopher 3 845 08-06-2026, 01:17 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Fast, Cheap PhD Programs at Southeastern University sanantone 28 5,405 08-01-2026, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  University of London Online PhD in Social Sciences Jonathan Whatley 3 1,770 06-23-2026, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Lewis University Online DEng in Data Science Jonathan Whatley 8 1,601 06-16-2026, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Eastern University Upcoming CBE PhD in Professional Practice Jonathan Whatley 6 1,697 06-10-2026, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Docu
  Oklahoma State University DHA Experiences swlearner71 22 17,758 06-09-2026, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  GlobalNxt University wow 0 874 05-12-2026, 11:56 AM
Last Post: wow

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)