Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Degree Planning (BLS Educational Studies)
#6
(05-06-2024, 02:48 PM)RachelB Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:29 PM)cstoops17 Wrote:  I am planning to enroll in the BLS with an Educational Studies minor in the Your Pace Program at UMPI. I’m currently taking the GEC requirements on Sophia and have been moving them fairly quickly. (Completing around 3 classes per week) My plan is to transfer the 40 CR of GEC from Sophia.
 
I found a spreadsheet on here and customized it to fit my plan. Can someone please review it to see if I am missing anything? I’m particularly concerned about the UL Elective Requirements… can I knock most of those out with Sophia/SDCM/Coursera? Or will most need to be taken at UMPI? My plan is attached via Excel.
 
Thank you so much for your help!


Your Location: Nashville, TN
Your Age: 36
What kind of degree do you want?: BLS Educational Studies (UMPI Your Pace)
 
I have the following credits from a previous online school I attended many years ago:
 
4 CR - HUMN101: Information Literacy
4 CR - DESIGN101: Design Fundamentals
4 CR - GRAPH110: Design Process
4 CR - COMM101: Interpersonal Communications
 
 
Budget: Budget is very important to me. I am trying to earn this degree in the most economical way possible. Trying not to spend more than $5k.
 
Commitments: I work from home FT but have a lot of flexibility and downtime during the day. My evenings are even more open. I don’t have many other commitments to worry about.
 
Dedicated time to study: 2-3 hours during the day, 3-4 hours in the evening. 5-7 hours on Sat and Sun.
 
Timeline: I want to finish as fast as possible.
 
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: N/A

You will need to take 30 credit hours at UMPI, so you'll probably be fine doing the UL electives there in addition to the ed studies classes. 

I'm curious what kind of work you want to go into? I keep vacillating between the BLS with Ed. Studies and the B.A. Psych with Intl Studies or Ed. Studies....

If you're wanting to pivot to teaching via alt certification, know that some programs still require you to have a certain number of courses in the subject you want to teach, so it would be best to use your remaining UL elective credits for that.


Thank you for the info! My goal is to eventually go into Elementary teaching.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Degree Planning Help (Template Complete) - by cstoops17 - 05-06-2024, 03:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 4,294 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New UMF YourPace CBE Certificate in Game Studies Jonathan Whatley 0 490 08-04-2026, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  BLS Degree Plan Help clj626 8 1,223 07-20-2026, 02:44 PM
Last Post: clj626
Question Degree advice pumi 7 1,282 06-11-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pumi
Information New UMaine Farmington BA International and Global Studies program on the YP app sixdegreesandamovie 20 6,544 05-06-2026, 07:34 PM
Last Post: sixdegreesandamovie
  Major BBA Degree Changes To YourPace BBA Program Swiss Cognac 26 6,527 05-06-2026, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Concentrations in the UMPI YourPace BA English and Media Studies Jonathan Whatley 1 1,337 04-09-2026, 04:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor - Start to finish in 5 months Federicojavier 63 31,393 03-15-2026, 11:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI MA in American Studies Jonathan Whatley 79 21,958 03-13-2026, 09:20 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  UMPI Planning MHA, BABA & MS Sports Mgmt, AS & BS Tourism Hospitality & Outdoor Jonathan Whatley 18 5,634 03-03-2026, 01:28 PM
Last Post: swlearner71

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)