Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Degree Planning - Choice Selection Help
#8
(06-05-2024, 03:03 PM)Kjnova Wrote: For business, are there other options on par with, or better than, UMPI for someone who prefers self-paced learning?

The University of Wisconsin Flex Plan has a BSBA, offered via UW-Parkside. I feel like my humanities-based transcript might fare better transferring into a BA in business, than a BSBA, but I am not sure.

I should also look into Western Governors University, I think?

Prices seem kind of comparable for those three. Which is the better deal may depend how many classes you can complete at each in their different length academic terms ($1500/8 weeks at UMPI, $2250/12 weeks at UW-Flex, and $3,500ish/6 month term at WGU). If I simply divide cost per week, WGU looks like the winner, but I'm sure there is more to it than that.

I would prefer a regionally accredited (or I guess, formerly regionally accredited) school if possible.

And if anybody thinks this is crazy talk and I should just finish at NCSU, please let me know ... that is why I am here, in case I'm overlooking the obvious. Thanks!

I think you need to definitively confirm with NCSU as to whether they can accept CBE credits or not. There are a number of schools or open universities where you can take credits right now and be potentially done with these requirements if your university allows it. Check also to see whether they take international credits as well, as there are cheap open universities in Europe where you can take various classes online as well.

Confirm that first, and then you can make your decision from there. I think at this point you should find a way to complete your degree at NCSU since you only have a handful of classes left to graduate, and you don't necessarily need a degree anytime soon in the first place.

I would work on the NCSU credits to finish there while also concurrently working at a Masters program such as the one provided by University of Huddlesfield via Coursera, which is a MSc in Management and which could qualify you for PhD studies if you desired since it has a research component: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/msc-man...ddersfield

Various institutions in the UK/Europe such as the one above allow you to enter without a Bachelor's degree for the business masters, and its AACSB accredited as well so it would be recognized in the United States as well as relevant to your career. You'd graduate from NCSU and then with an internationally respected business masters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes karehiro's post:
  • Kjnova
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Degree Planning - Choice Selection Help - by karehiro - 06-05-2024, 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 5 888 10-02-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,440 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,245 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 299 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,514 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 673 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,550 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,757 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,635 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU BSBA Finance and possible dual degree? Bingo 4 1,343 04-29-2026, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Phyexial

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)