Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change
I recently graduated from HES this past month and I have literally never once used the guidelines they have on the website, even when applying to stuff on campus. Most people I’ve encountered at Harvard don’t care about the “in Extension Studies” thing and will usually just go by field of study I.e History. I do believe that the official listing guidelines should be altered, but it’s honestly not a big deal if you just say “Masters of Liberal Arts in FIELD.” Even Dean Coleman and Mrs.Spreadbury were referring to degrees in this way. The only time I felt this was a big issue was before I signed up for my degree and thought I would looked at as ‘inferior’ on campus, rest assured friends, it truly is “One Harvard” and you will not be treated as a fraud if you choose to sign up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes crimsonhairless's post:
  • priceaction
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change - by crimsonhairless - 06-14-2024, 02:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Georgia Tech Announces New Online Master’s Degree in Artificial Intelligence LevelUP 5 107 22 minutes ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Random Musings About What Next Degree To Do.... DegreeNerd 7 415 Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Graduate Degree in Math - What is the best route for one course at a time? udi 8 1,301 09-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  NEW Univ of Virginia - Master of Change Management smartdegree 0 810 08-07-2026, 03:43 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Carolina University - Cheap Accredited MA degree FireMedic_Philosopher 8 2,053 07-18-2026, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Newlane University Planning Graduate Degree WALLACEMC11 14 2,870 07-14-2026, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sal1820
  Harvard Extension Data Science, Digital Media Design ALMs Renamed to Include AI Jonathan Whatley 0 1,412 06-10-2026, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,132 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Quick Master's Degree Advice Dnightowl 7 1,637 05-24-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Harvard Graduate Poetry Classes Still $250 Per Class for Teachers.Epstein Connections eriehiker 8 2,902 05-11-2026, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)