Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Online Masters in Computer Science + thesis?
#11
(07-08-2024, 09:37 PM)study-warrior21 Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 03:43 PM)swellguy Wrote: Quick update, I ended up applying and getting accepted to UT Austin's MSCSO program for this fall semester.

Congrats! Did you happen to complete any Sophia or ACE credits before WGU? If so, how did you list them on your application?

I did take all possible sophia courses(didn't take any SDC courses), I listed the ones I took in a previous post I made which you can find on my profile.
I didn't list any of the sophia courses on my application, I just sent an unofficial version of my WGU transcript.
I don't think this is necessary if you do a BSCS, but in my Statement Of Purpose I explained what WGU related courses line up with their course prereq requirements.
I also didn't send in any letters of recommendation.
I assume that my statement of purpose + 4 years of relevant work experience contributed to getting accepted.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Online Masters in Computer Science + thesis? - by swellguy - 07-09-2024, 11:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Started Woolf Masters in AI [Udacity] Lightorb333 30 7,909 2 hours ago
Last Post: Tomas
  Conversion/transfer options from ENEB into another uni to be awarded their Masters? DegreeNerd 14 770 6 hours ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Master of Science in Finance Mint Berry Crunch 3 1,019 08-18-2026, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  NEW Fordham Online Masters in International Humanitarian Action smartdegree 0 508 08-18-2026, 06:50 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  New Fully Online MS in Quantum Computing (Fei Tian College) - $20k truthfulness 7 1,062 08-13-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  UGC Opens Door to One-Year Online Master’s from India Jonathan Whatley 1 751 08-06-2026, 05:42 AM
Last Post: cc95
  KU Jayhawk Flex CBE Masters in Ed, Performance Effectiveness, and Project Management Jonathan Whatley 29 7,229 08-05-2026, 05:12 PM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  Some Movement Toward Hybrid Online Degrees for Psychologists and Psych Practitioners Jonathan Whatley 0 921 07-17-2026, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  MBA (Máster Universitario) Online for 1275€ - Universidad de las Hespérides (Spain) Voldigoad 17 4,329 07-16-2026, 09:16 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Assessing the International Equivalency/acceptance of Online Degrees from the Big 3 Aimed 24 9,080 06-18-2026, 11:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)