Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Computer Science Bachelor for a non-US resident
#10
I started reading up on how GPA and credit transfers might affect acceptance into some Master’s programs. According to some Reddit threads, Sophia classes might be rejected by certain programs, meaning I’d have to retake them later on.

Also, is GPA only calculated from credits earned at the university? If I only complete 15 credits at TESU (as suggested), will that be enough for a relevant GPA (= will that be sufficient to get to Master program)?

And if I transfer RA credits from my bachelor's, will that affect my GPA? If so, can I choose not to transfer them but still use the degree as a proof of relevant education level to enter the program?

It's a bit overwhelming, and I definitely need to read up more to really get a handle on the system. I'm not looking for the easiest or cheapest way through, I want a solid CS bachelor's degree that can set me up for a good master's program down the road. That said, a traditional four-year, in-person degree just isn't an option for me.

Would you recommend I start by focusing on the major first, then work backward to choose the university and plan courses accordingly?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Computer Science Bachelor for a non-US resident - by michaela - 08-22-2024, 04:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Low-Cost Path to a U.S. Bachelor's or Associate akr680 8 1,798 07-20-2026, 11:52 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Transferring from community college to an online Bachelor's program daydream 9 3,274 07-08-2026, 07:32 PM
Last Post: daydream
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,559 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree planning - Environmental Science-ish? namwen 8 1,808 04-05-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Bachelor Computer science or IT Degree arc1000 5 1,981 04-01-2026, 01:24 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Pursue online bachelor degree don't know what direction to go in! sponce57 2 1,468 01-21-2026, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Bachelors in health or science field talion 3 1,335 01-10-2026, 09:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS/BA of Computer science international students Stardeus 13 3,067 01-08-2026, 05:57 PM
Last Post: wow
  Advice and how to plan my degree future (Non US resident) Voxhaulf 0 941 01-02-2026, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Voxhaulf
  TESU BA CS + BS BA Double Bachelor planning help boblax 8 2,222 12-31-2025, 06:46 AM
Last Post: boblax

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)