Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tesc Gpa
#9
a4tunatemom Wrote:I am very confused about the TESC GPA. On their website it says you can only get grades on your transcript from courses taken at TESC and then lower down on the same page under the "How to raise your GPA" section it says you can raise your GPA by taking the same course at another institution, getting a higher grade, and transferring it in. This doesn't make sense to me.

I called them and spoke to two different people. The first one said only TESC courses count for GPA. When I asked her about the "How to raise your GPA" info she transferred me to someone else. She said that all the courses transferred in upon enrollment will just get credit and courses transferred in after becoming a Thomas Edison enrolled student would get a grade.

Has this been true for anyone? Has anyone here received a grade for a course transferred in after they were an enrolled student at TESC? I'd love for this to be true but I am afraid to count on it.

Danielle
>>


Absolutely not true! I think this new policy has them all confused. On my final transcript, I have one external grade from BEFORE I was a student (A) coming in as credit- and one external grade WHILE I was a student (A) coming in as credit.
My transcript shows:
My TECEP exams- credit
My CLEP / DSST exams- credit
My FEMA- credit
My Credit for courses taught- credit
My transfer course from before- credit
My transfer course from during- credit
My TESC online classes- graded

I think the only way to raise your GPA is to take TESC classes (and earn an A). Before people start doing that (at $175 per credit) use the GPA calculator tool (google it) to see if it matters. I think the more graded credits you earn, the harder it is to up the GPA. An "A" might only move you up .1 of a point. Use the calculator to play out "if-then" scenarios to see if it's even going to matter.


Messages In This Thread
Tesc Gpa - by psclements - 11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Tesc Gpa - by JBjunior - 11-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Tesc Gpa - by Blitzstudie - 11-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Tesc Gpa - by cookderosa - 11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Tesc Gpa - by psclements - 11-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Tesc Gpa - by a4tunatemom - 11-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Tesc Gpa - by OnMyWay - 11-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Tesc Gpa - by JBjunior - 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Tesc Gpa - by cookderosa - 11-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Tesc Gpa - by cookderosa - 11-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Tesc Gpa - by Blitzstudie - 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Tesc Gpa - by cookderosa - 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Tesc Gpa - by thatbrian - 11-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Tesc Gpa - by addision - 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Tesc Gpa - by cookderosa - 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Tesc Gpa - by PatsGirl1 - 11-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Tesc Gpa - by thatbrian - 11-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Tesc Gpa - by lmech - 11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Tesc Gpa - by thatbrian - 11-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Tesc Gpa - by a4tunatemom - 11-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Tesc Gpa - by thatbrian - 11-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Tesc Gpa - by a4tunatemom - 11-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Tesc Gpa - by thatbrian - 11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Tesc Gpa - by lmech - 11-25-2008, 04:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 12,486 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 3,259 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 4,616 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 6,578 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 17,937 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 3,568 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 5,184 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 29,252 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 10,404 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 3,458 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)