Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Business Degree and Upper Level transfer credits
#10
(01-08-2025, 02:09 PM)davewill Wrote: Would you please relay the entire conversation, as close to the actual wording as possible? We've had misinformation here before because either someone misunderstood what was said, or an individual advisor simply gave incorrect information.

If this is an official policy change, it should be documented in writing somewhere.

I was speaking with an admissions advisor Erica Rizzuto, I briefly mentioned transferring 113 credits so only the Cornerstone, Info lit, and Capstone were remaining (Just as a verification). She then mentioned that due to new policies from their "partners", Excelsior now requires 15 credits to be done through them(new policies effetive 1/1/2025). I am going for Business with a concentration on Finance. It may be program specific so the LA degree may be unaffected by this. I didn't ask about that.

Rreally unsure why the abrupt change in policy. This is putting me 2 months behind my expected graduation date. I already have all but 1 upper level course done and was about to send in my transcripts. Now I guess I'll do some electives with them to waste some money... lol.

I assume this will definitely put a damper in their enrollment, at least for people like us who intend to transfer in most if not all of our credits.

Okay, so I just called again and asked for a bit more information. The new requirement is for anyone who has done 2 or more courses with their partners. That means if you have done two or more courses with Saylor, Study, or Sophia you have to do 15 total credits through them. If you are transferring in credits from other institutions and do not have any credits like that, the requirement is still 113.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bm1992's post:
  • davewill, jch, Jonathan Whatley
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Saylor and Excelsior - by Bm1992 - 01-05-2025, 11:51 PM
RE: Excelsior now only allows 105 transfer credits - by Bm1992 - 01-08-2025, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior 113 vs 105 transfer credit clarification? thanks4help 1 343 09-26-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Using Study.com to Fill in Excelsior Degree Requirements bjcheung77 0 1,203 11-16-2025, 10:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 7 5,308 06-05-2025, 02:45 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  NEW: Excelsior Students Must Now Complete 15 Credits In-House pilot 14 18,293 06-04-2025, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
Photo EU allows 113 credits EXCEPT BS LA huiwh1998 2 2,764 05-05-2025, 03:33 PM
Last Post: huiwh1998
  Excelsior Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 0 5,580 04-30-2025, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies at EC raff6240 2 2,316 04-27-2025, 09:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior Degree Plan Help Tamss13 8 5,437 02-11-2025, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Done with Liberal Arts Degree! TwinMom 10 7,031 01-31-2025, 11:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry - Excelsior Classes, Transfer Credit Zacharysa 11 7,107 01-27-2025, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Zacharysa

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)