Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What's the Worst online class you've taken?
#6
The worst ever are two of the classes I’m taking now- Children’s Lit and American Cinema through TESC.

CL:
I have personally read over 30 books for the class (and most of them weren’t the typical 20 page children’s book, either). You have to write 11 papers for the class, anywhere from 4-8 pages each. I ended up writing over 60 pages for those papers and was so disgusted I turned the assignments all in early just to get them over with. The mentor lost half of one of my assignments. I still haven’t had a grade posted in the grade book 3 weeks after I took the midterm.
I’ve estimated that I’ve read over 1000 pages (seriously) and wrote over 60 pages in the last 10 weeks. All of this is for a 200 level class.

Cinema:
There is NO mentor communication. He went MIA in the class and I never got a single assignment graded until week 9 out of a 12 week class. He never has posted ONE thing to the class, no one knows where he went or anything, grades just showed up. Apparently neither did any of the other students. We all (the students) were so worried that something had happened to him that I offered to call the school to see if he was ok. He doesn’t even give you a grade on any of the 6 discussions in the class in your grade book because he said, “you’ll see what I gave you when I calculate your final grade”. It’s the same with the midterm taken 3 weeks ago and no grade, just like my Lit class. I have sent him SIX emails that he never answered. The midterm was on NOTHING we wrote papers on, other than one term.

OK so all of that is the mentor, now on to the class itself. It’s really boring, I have not learned a single thing (other than apparently most people prefer movies filmed in widescreen and they’re much more expensive for the filmmakers to produce, which is why widescreen is more in stores). I thought that we would actually, I don’t know, discuss movies. Nope, we discuss the use of widescreen and why poor people in the Depression liked comedy. The class costs $500+ (I think it’s $525). *sigh* I can’t WAIT to be done.
I'm done!
B.A. English, TESC, completed December 2008

Tests passed: A/I Lit-73, Mgmt-71, Amer Lit-73, Tech Writing-64, Criminal Justice-56, Here's to Your Health-65, Law Enforcement-60
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What's the Worst online class you've taken? - by PatsGirl1 - 12-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,212 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,237 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  Homeschooling Teens - ASU class for $299 bjcheung77 4 1,771 06-26-2026, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Did COVID-19 lead to a sustained surge in online enrollment? Probably not. sanantone 9 2,108 04-29-2026, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,728 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Newsweek’s list of America’s Top Online Colleges for 2026 LevelUP 7 6,235 04-11-2026, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Lawmakers tried to kill CA’s online community college. Now it’s growing rapidly LevelUP 0 1,015 04-09-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Master List of Online Platforms with College Courses/Degrees SophiaPrincess 15 14,632 01-12-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kabir
  Easiest online degree tsimmns927 6 2,459 12-31-2025, 04:58 PM
Last Post: tsimmns927
  Cheapest Online Doctorate/PhD thequietman 5 6,250 11-07-2025, 03:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)