Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sophia Calculus 1 credit transfer
#1
Hey guys, I have what I hope is a quick question. I am pursuing a BA in computer science and currently have 78 credits applied, 60 from community college + 18 ACE. Since I have never attended a 4 year school, the max number of credits I can transfer is 90.  The computer science degree says it is 120 credits, but is actually 121 since every class in the degree is 3 credits except calculus 1 which is 4 credits. Looking on My Progress, however, reveals that I really only need 3 credits of calculus. I completed calculus 1 on sophia which says it is worth 4 ACE credits. 

The question I have is, when they transfer it over, will it count as 3 credits of transfer, or 4? The reason I ask is because if it is 4 credits, I will be at 82 credits transferred in and could only bring 2 additional ACE courses, bringing me to 88 credits, but if they only apply 3 of the 4 credits as transfer, I will have 81 and can bring 3 additional courses. I emailed advising last week to ask if an exception could be made which would allow me to transfer 91 credits, since the degree need 121 and I'd still be taking 30 with TESU, and they told me that no exceptions would ever be made regarding maximum transfer credit.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Sophia Calculus 1 credit transfer - by nathan$ - 01-18-2025, 07:41 AM
RE: Sophia Calculus 1 credit transfer - by jg_nuy - 01-18-2025, 01:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post-bacc credit transfers Non-matriculated esummer 3 249 09-22-2026, 03:59 PM
Last Post: esummer
  TESU launches 30 credit Masters ReyMysterioso 0 753 07-24-2026, 01:32 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TESU BA Computer Science credit transfer list EnigmaSL 0 574 07-02-2026, 02:55 PM
Last Post: EnigmaSL
  English II Sophia Mike25mg 1 541 06-18-2026, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Question Study/Sophia for BSBA in Operations Management? Copper56 5 1,260 05-30-2026, 07:21 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BA CS - Metropolia credits transfer boblax 9 2,732 05-17-2026, 11:43 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  Sophia Operations Management to TESU? Insert Name 2 1,482 01-16-2026, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  TESU Wrong Credit Evaluations foolmethrice 2 1,619 01-06-2026, 09:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Undergraduate Certificates and Alternative Credit Limits Bigshay 7 2,224 01-05-2026, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  New 1-Credit TECEPs Jonathan Whatley 10 3,924 12-10-2025, 12:24 PM
Last Post: n0fx

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)