Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
UMPI Master of Science in Business
#29
(01-20-2025, 01:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote: There are MANY entrepreneurs who have never set foot anywhere near Stanford, Berkley, or Harvard. Communications as subject is going through a transition. Marketing, social media, and digital advertising are now part of communications programs at many colleges. Plenty of people have taken courses and hold degrees in subjects which are useless. I mean I took a class on stained glass making and received college credit for it! I also took a PE course in walking. I literally spent a semester taking a 20 minute walk twice a week and received college credit for it. I have taken HR courses and have no deserve to work in HR but I learned something from it.
A course here and there are fine. I took history of infectious diseases for my BLS. But this is half of your degree. If you look at the curriculum. Half of your degree is your concentration. Your concentration should be something that is going to help you advance your career if it's going to be half of the course work you take. Also you don't need a degree to start a Business. I owned a plumbing company that brought in millions of dollars a year without a degree. Typically Entrepreneurship degrees or concentrations are for people who want to get into or interact with VC companies and that's best done at a top 20 college.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: UMPI Master of Science in Business and Master of AI Management Proposals - by Samhain408 - 01-20-2025, 01:12 PM
RE: UMPI Master of Science in Business - by Lyd - 07-22-2025, 09:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI's under review by NECHE?? GoBroncos95 29 1,951 Yesterday, 06:34 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Easiest Natural Science UMPI Course? LevelUP 5 976 09-06-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI Proposing 90-Credit YourPace BLS and Applied Psychology BA Jonathan Whatley 39 14,559 08-16-2026, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI CBE Master’s in Human Services Planned, and MHA Still Happening Jonathan Whatley 8 2,040 08-14-2026, 10:20 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Credits for DSST exams at UMPI any4yeardegree 7 1,292 08-14-2026, 01:20 AM
Last Post: daydream
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 3,857 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace Fall 2026 majors - clarification request lauramichele1 0 682 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lauramichele1
  UMPI Article: Rebuilding Trust in Higher Ed Using CBE LevelUP 4 891 07-29-2026, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Swiss Cognac
  Discontinued Minors At UMPI... RIP MIS, BA & Management Swiss Cognac 4 1,391 07-28-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI YourPace Applied Science degreeboundFF 4 1,582 07-01-2026, 07:24 PM
Last Post: degreeboundFF

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)