Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advisor Question
#1
I received my welcome email from Chelsey Parker at UMPI on 2/6/25. All my transcripts have been evaluated and I can see all of that in my UMPI account. I have tried several times to schedule a call with Chelsey to no avail. But I actually don't even know if I need to talk with her. I need to talk with an advisor.

In my account under "Advisor" it says "none assigned". How do I get an advisor assigned to me? 

I really need to discuss my degree plan and register for the Spring semester. 

Also, I wanted to talk with the advisor about taking courses on Sophia learning and transferring those to UMPI. I didn't begin Sophia until after I had my other transcripts accepted by UMPI because I needed to see what requirements I would have remaining to fulfill in Gen Ed. I wanted to wait until I spoke with my advisor before beginning Sophia in order to explain my plan and make sure they were ok with it. But I want to take the Sophia courses before beginning the Spring term with UMPI. So I went ahead and began to take the courses. 

UMPI accepted 79 transfer credits. 

Here are the remaining Gen Ed credits needed and the Sophia Courses I plan to take to fulfill them:

2D Visual Communications (completed)
3A Intro to College Math (completed)
3B Statistics ***Do I need to take another Math course or can Intro to College Math fulfill both 3A and 3B?***
3D Chemistry ***I already have Bio with a lab so Chemistry without a lab should fulfill this requirement, right?***

30 credits remaining which will need to be fulfilled at UMPI:

21 credits in History ***I have fulfilled all of the basic LL History credits and 3 credits of UL History***
9 credits in Electives

Advice?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-13-2025, 10:40 AM
RE: Advisor Question - by ss20ts - 02-13-2025, 01:20 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-13-2025, 09:50 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by ss20ts - 02-14-2025, 01:42 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-15-2025, 02:44 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by bjcheung77 - 02-13-2025, 11:39 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-15-2025, 02:30 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by jg_nuy - 02-15-2025, 02:42 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-15-2025, 02:52 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by jg_nuy - 02-15-2025, 03:02 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by jg_nuy - 02-15-2025, 02:49 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-15-2025, 03:12 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by jg_nuy - 02-15-2025, 03:14 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-15-2025, 08:53 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by ss20ts - 02-16-2025, 12:29 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by bjcheung77 - 02-18-2025, 01:55 AM
RE: Advisor Question - by slreed - 02-18-2025, 01:11 PM
RE: Advisor Question - by jg_nuy - 02-18-2025, 01:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMF Public Policy Course Yourpace Equivalency Question Swiss Cognac 1 1,280 12-24-2025, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Swiss Cognac
  MS in Business - question about assesment Donato88 1 1,036 12-11-2025, 10:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Duplicate question homeschoolmom1 7 1,897 07-30-2025, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  BA History question NapoleonInRags 5 2,193 06-11-2025, 11:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  QUESTION RE UMPI AND SOPHIA COURSEWORK Tricialk 12 7,101 05-29-2025, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Tricialk
  Sophia Transfer Question colonelcamp 6 3,653 05-22-2025, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Application Question Bubblywater 4 2,247 04-13-2025, 10:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Gen Ed Question SCYankee 7 5,079 01-13-2025, 08:40 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
Question Transfer credit question Educated Wombat 18 5,558 12-29-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Educated Wombat
  Managerial Accounting Final Question klone 3 1,830 12-21-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: klone

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)