Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Degree Questions
#1
Good Afternoon, I read a bunch of content and I guess I want validation/verification before I start on my journey in some aspect or another. 

First thing first....

Your Location: North Carolina
Your Age:35
What kind of degree do you want?: Not leaning one way or another, I was looking at liberal arts/studies with a minor in project management
Current Regional Accredited Credits: I have some Gen Ed credits, and criminal justice from a long time ago. But for the ease of life lets say 0
Budget: 35 year old, i've done well in my life. So not stressed about money
Commitments: I travel for work acting as a Project Manager. I do plan review, but have a lot of down time in hotels
Dedicated time to study: I would say 4-5 hours a day, weekends all day. No kids.
Timeline: Honestly no Timeline, but i'm a big pusher just to get things over with. I don't procrastinate till i'm almost done with something lol.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: I haven't looked in to it. 

Little more about myself, I was a Property Manager for 5 years, Project Manager for 10, then currently I have a odd role that I work under a architect and engineer doing plan review and acting as project manager. I prefer to follow a guide. I dont mind writing and or test taking. ( Does anyone else have any other guides that have ran across that they like? I was thinking UMPI and or WGU? Other schools work for me too) I honestly have never liked school, so I'm honestly just looking for a piece of paper. I'm sick of being asked do I have a degree and saying no....people who have seen my work are impressed but it's always that little bird in the back of my head chirping going you suck lol. So any advice and or assistance would be amazing. I'm sure you guys get a lot of request asking for guides but I did look around and if you have any that stand our thats perfectly fine. For myself i'm just wanting the paper nothing more. 


Thank you again Smile

I've looked around at a few websites, like plottedpath. But I honestly rather stay with Sophia and study before I move to a university. I was looking at the info below. Inculding but other items as well:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222
https://www.plottedpath.com/diy-path/degreespreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1569190248
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1793183466
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Degree Questions - by Bubblywater - 03-09-2025, 05:21 PM
RE: Degree Questions - by bjcheung77 - 03-10-2025, 01:55 AM
RE: Degree Questions - by LevelUP - 03-10-2025, 10:30 AM
RE: Degree Questions - by Bubblywater - 03-10-2025, 11:05 AM
RE: Degree Questions - by jg_nuy - 03-10-2025, 12:06 PM
RE: Degree Questions - by bjcheung77 - 03-10-2025, 03:41 PM
RE: Degree Questions - by Bubblywater - 03-10-2025, 04:29 PM
RE: Degree Questions - by jg_nuy - 03-10-2025, 05:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 4 820 Yesterday, 11:57 AM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,400 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,172 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 277 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,495 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 646 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,470 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,634 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,584 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU BSBA Finance and possible dual degree? Bingo 4 1,311 04-29-2026, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Phyexial

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)